Justoid is offline Associate Member

Another crap workout

Alright guys and gals just back from the gym and that is the 2nd workout in a row where it has been terrible. I just could not seem to lift- the motivation was not there and neither was the strength or so it seems- i just packed it in after half an hour and it bugs me as my diet is good and am getting a lot of rest, do you guys ever have days/weeks like this? its really starting to piss me off
    cycke- wk3, test e 500 p/w

LM1332 Guest
    feel your pain my friend last few days dont feel like working out, going to bed late, eating ****ty...dunno hahah im pms or osmething lol

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    for sure bro, we all have those days...even weeks. pumps can depend on glycogen, strength can be effected by diet and rest, overtraining, hydration...theres so many variables 2 consider...just know that whatever it is, is temporary, and soon, when your peaking on your cycle, these ****ty work outs youve gotta treck through will be worth it. when im having a bad day at the gym, strength isint there, or i cant get a good pump, i just try something new..consider it an opportunity 2 take advantage of a new technique you didnt want 2 try before at the risk of having a ****ty work out. try extreme drop sets or supersets without rest, or 30 second rests, or new exercises with long negatives, or hit throw in that bodypart you always neglect(hah abs for me)... dont worry about strength or feeling weak...just do what you can 2 gaurantee you'll be feeling it in the morning. as long as I wake up the next morning sore, i know my time in the gym was well spent.
    keep us updated on your cycle.
    peace

cheers for the replies guys- i know that this is quite normal but it just gets you down and pisses you off
    appreciate it bros

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    After working out in the heat all day I have little motivation to hit the gym. Sometimes it's not until 8:00 PM when we finally get there, but I always feels good when we're done.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    yeah normally i just force my way through a workout when i feel like that but feel horrible afterwords cause i know i had a bad workout... just happens sometimes. if you haven't been feeling well or if it has lasted for a week or so, i would consider taking a few days off your body may be trying to send you a message. i had horrible workouts for about a week and the next week i just felt like they were going to be horrible again so i took one entire week off, no lifting or cardio. the week after, i had increased almost all my weights so taking a few days or a week of isn't always a bad thing. if its just a few days though... hammer through and you will start feeling good workouts again.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    I just went through the same thing. I had a slump that lasted a few weeks. I forced myself to go to the gym, but the motivation was in the basement.

I just took a few days off and took a serious road trip. I live in Texas, and ended up in Montreal, Quebec. Totally cleared my head. I was back in the gym yesterday and blasted a hell of a workout.

Thanks for the hospitality all you Canadian Bro's.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Seriously these two things work for me ...

#1 If theres a smoking hot chick in the gym for some reason I find superhuman strength to get me through whatever im doing .. something about hotties gets my T levels up

#2 Working out with people that are bigger than you .. if you arent working out with a training partner its a good chance that you arent busting your balls ... find a partner .. i like to find someone bigger than me .. gives me some motivation to catch up to him and be bigger ..

Music always helps wear headphones and change your music ever couple of weeks ... i might throw in a ufc tape before i leave the house and watch that get me all fired up ... find whatever it takes to get in your the mood to wanna toss some weights around

Beernutz is offline Member
    bro we all have days like this. I to work in the heat all day long and hitting the gym afterwards is usually a struggle. Recently ive changed my routine and my motivation is back up. We all have days, weeks like this. Just remember your in it for the long hall and getting through the tough days just shows that no matter how you feel either $hitty or amazing you still have it in you to hit the gym. We should should all give ourselves a pat on the back for all the time and effort we put in. On my worst days i try to remember one thing, by you hitting the gym consistently you are better and tougher then 80% of the population who are just to lazy to even get off their asses.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    Alright guys and gals just back from the gym and that is the 2nd workout in a row where it has been terrible. I just could not seem to lift- the motivation was not there and neither was the strength or so it seems- i just packed it in after half an hour and it bugs me as my diet is good and am getting a lot of rest, do you guys ever have days/weeks like this? its really starting to piss me off
    cycke- wk3, test e 500 p/w

Been their man. When one of my lifts were off, i would get home and turn into the pussiest bitc$ you have ever seen. I used to go into this self denial pms thing. it really just f'n chaps my a$$ when i have a bad workout. it is so frustrating because of i work so **** hard at my diet, i feel like it was just a waste of an effort. I am not like that anymore because i have accepted that EVERYBODY goes through freakish off days where they experience unexplainable weakness. 100% of the time, i am back no normal for that next workout. I think about how pissed off i was about the crappy workout and use it as fuel for the next workout .
    and yes hotties will supply convenient strength boosts.

Ye going to just chill and sort it out- the one thing my gym lacks is hotties and its sickening- its an olympic standard gym with absolutely no chicks in it whatsoevr- they are all up in the health suite which is situated above it and as i get all my cardio from training (rugby) i am never up there. Still act like a perv though and just go up to walk about. Its all good

Thread Information