eggplant is offline Member

phcuked up my form..doing heavy weights..

guys i need all ya comments on this..i just started training with a friend when we trained back and chest.we did extra heavy weights..at most 4-5reps..which i can barely hit..then we stripped the weights..did drop sets...till we hit 1-2 reps..and did partial reps when we could not do anymore full range..but by doing this..i pretty phucked my form...i was literally pushing with my shoulders while benching..had a hard time trying to focus on my chest..i felt pretty uncomfortable after the brutal training..cos i knew i did not hit my muscles equally hard..i may be pushing with my stronger pecs too...guys..wat do you think...iif we were to continue training like this..i was thinking i should get myself ready for the set and really try very very hard to concentrate on my muscle group that i may be training. and not care bout how many reps i do..it was so painful..gee..i do not want to have an uneven pec...what should i do?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    what should i do?
    Not what you just did for whole hella sure. Dont sacrifice form for weight, thats when injuries happen. You can bump up to 6 sets w/ gradually increasing weight. Like 75% 1RM and work up to 95%. I did that for bench and it increased my 1RM by about 15lbs.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Bro, just start real light and get perfect form down. Then gradually add weights. Who cares if you bench 135 or 405 as long as you stay injury free and look good (both physically and form wise) while you do it.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    Bro, just start real light and get perfect form down. Then gradually add weights. Who cares if you bench 135 or 405 as long as you stay injury free and look good (both physically and form wise) while you do it.
    ditto.a top level bodybuilder once told me leave your ego at the gym door when you train you will make better improvements.

eggplant is offline Member
    yeh..i did not train like this every before..that was the 1st time..i was told that it stimulates whatever..motor unit of your muscles to recruit more fibers kinda thingy..i hate that workout..

Thread Information