Thread: quads?

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member

quads?

what are excersizes to make ur quads huge, for some reason squats only make my ass soar

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Squats and leg presses. Leg extensions will help a little but not nearly as much as squats or leg presses.

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member
    why does it seem to work out my glute instead of the front, i dont get it

doby48 is offline Female Member
    how far down are you going and are you doing them on a smith or free weights? if on a smith its possible you are leaning back and pusing off with the balls of your feet, where you will want to make sure to push up with your heels.

My quads kill for two days after i work them here is my current quad exercises:
    Barbell Hack Squat
    Squats
    Cable Lunges
    Leg Extensions

If you don't feel like you are working your quads enough you might want to try lunges or split squats.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

LM1332 Guest
    push with your heels like doby said...But try this its what i do and my legs are dead for the next few days....Alright

Leg Press 3 or 4 sets of set weight for 5 reps. Then add another moderate weight and do another 2 sets of 5.
    Leg Press feet together 4 sets of 8...set weight
    Leg Press Wide stand 4 sets of 8...set weight

Follow with Leg Extensions for 4 sets of heavy enough weight where you can feel your mid section of the quad flexing...and on top hold and bounce weight for 10 to 15 seconds....Do it for 8 reps

Next day come back and do hamstrings and Calves

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Practice the squat until you find a groove that works for you. Most people tend to be ass or hip dominant when they squat, which is a good thing. Squat heavy, quads will come.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    try hack squats and if you are doing leg presses make sure you don't have your feet wide apart or high on the pad because then it is primarely hitting your hams. But def do heavy squats and go deep as possible and they will come with time.

Beernutz is offline Member
    your ass gets sore from squats because your form is off. Dont stick your a$$ out to much if you need to lower the weight a little to get better form, then gradually increase. Every once in a while slap on some really heavy weights and do like 2 reps max. When you do this the next time you hit the gym your regular weights will seem alot lighter.

Thread Information