bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Question Long muscle bellies

I never knew the difference between the long ones and short ones, but I finally found an article that explained it to me and had pics! So it turns out I have long muscle bellies (the Sergio Oliva kind - a bit smaller though )! Should there be a difference in training between people with long and short m.b.? Also if I have long m.b. in my arms, my whole body is composed that way right?

Thanks bros..........

bor
    Bump, anyone?

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    could you post or pm me the link to this article?

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah post the link bro

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Ya get that link up here or PM me with it. Would def like to give it a read through.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I honestly doubt there will be cause to train differently. Its been shown is studies that even when you tear a muscle eg, bicep or pectoral. After they have healed they are still able to function with up to 95% and sometimes more of original strength even if they are no longer attatched quite the same. Of course im not talking a complete tear like a quadracep rolling up the leg. Altho i have a freind who runs who tore his quad and has a funny shaped mass in his leg now, but can run just the same. SO if tearing a muscle and having it heal shorter doesnt screw up your training ability i doubt long or short muscle bellies will either. JMO.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Wrong thinking Bor. Your body has both. Slow-twitch are called type 1 fibers. Fast-twitch are called type 2. Slow has more aerobic capacity,contracting slowly ,capable of long durations workouts with little fatique. Examples are endurance activities like swimming, runners & cyclist. Fast fibers are mostly anerobic have fast contraction ideal for power. But shorter in duration. Examples are powerlifters,bodybuilders & sprinting. Has little oxidative stresses. Also slow(type1) are also called RED FIBERS because it incorporates more blood flow. Conversley fast(type2) are called WHITE FIBERS for lack of blood. Incidently, I hear lifters say they dont do paramiding. Well the purpose of paramiding is to incorporate all the muscell fibers both slow/fast. Some body parts have more or less of each..For example the pecs have a predominatly greater amount of the fast type. Hope this helps

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    One person is asking about muscle bellies and gets an answer about the genetic makeup of the myofibrils??

Wow I got flamed for responding. Maybe you can explain what Bor meant by long/short muscle bellies? Also, I never mentioned the cell makeup of myofibrils if I did I would of mentioned Sarcomeres, actin & myosin in the explanation. Sometimes a educated guy like your self should help clear the confusion instead of flaming ones reply

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    No, I wasn't flaming you. You had a very good answer. I do not know what he meant by muscle bellie. I am assuming the origin and insertion of the muscle which gives the muscle itself a short or longer look (different anthropometrics). If he is referring to the muscle fiber type, then different styles of training could be more beneficial to him. But, he wasn't referring to that because he made reference to looking like a bodybuilder. You can't tell by looking what fiber types dominant. It wouldn't matter too much the type of training on different muscle bellies. It may be possible to stress the muscle more by performing different exercises due to the mechanical advantage/disadvantage that you may have depending on the origin and insertion, but not much.

no problem Hyper. makes sense. I assumed he was refering to the types of fibers. I realize the term bellie. Most use it in reference to the bicep, the core. peace out...

bor
    Bluthunder, I wasn't talking about the mucsle fibers, but thanks for the info though.....the article was in the last musclemag - I'll check what page

Thread Information