HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

doggcrapp training method

has anyone used this with greater gains than the conventional way of training? I have another question as well, it says for your working set to use a weight that you can push for around 8-10 reps, then 15sec break then again for say 3-4, then again for say 1-2. How is this greater in producing muscle than going heavy for 4-6 reps on your last set? Can someone get back to me on these questions because im really curious about this method of training and would like to try it out but not waste my time! Also is it a good way to train when on AS?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Youre basically doing all the work you really need to get the muscle to grow, to get a huge pump, then stretch the ever living sh!t out of the muscle and let to recover, come back the next time around and do the same thing. Im on a different PC, il give you a link that explain pretty much the theory behind it.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    has anyone used this with greater gains than the conventional way of training? I have another question as well, it says for your working set to use a weight that you can push for around 8-10 reps, then 15sec break then again for say 3-4, then again for say 1-2. How is this greater in producing muscle than going heavy for 4-6 reps on your last set? Can someone get back to me on these questions because im really curious about this method of training and would like to try it out but not waste my time! Also is it a good way to train when on AS?
    The idea behind this program is to use heavy weight with perfect form, to add weight or reps everytime you rotate back to each exercise every 12 days or so doing the 3 day per week split in a rest/pause manner with static reps and super slow negatives doing only one workset per body part, 5 exercises per workout 15 exercises per week working each muscle group two times every eight days. With a high protein diet and this kind of very high intensity training you can add more muscle to your frame then you ever have in your life, clean or not.

Now this program is way out of the norm and its not for beginners but for trainees that have exhausted all other programs and need some help to add that extra mass they could not get in the past...

Swellin Guest
    Oh yeah, it works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Oh yeah, it works too.
    Sorry, I meant to throw that one in there...

can you also use the rest/pause method of training with say squats, deads, bent rows? also how many exercises per body part would be ideal for someone with good recovery?
    Last edited by crosby7117; 07-24-2004 at 01:32 AM.

Swellin Guest
    The system does not change based on your recovery, bot in the way you are thinking. The only thing that changes is adding rest pause sets and statics.
    Many of the exercises you mentioned are not done as rest pause sets, instead they are done as one heavy set and one extremely heavy set.

One exercise per body part on that workout day...never more.

Swellin Guest
    If you throw out all of your preconceived notions and simply accept the program (kind of like religion ...ain't it), you will begin to understand the reasoning behind the madness. There is absolutely no need for more exercises if you use this program like it is supposed to be done. If you incorporate rest pauses, remember the negatives on every rep, statics, and extreme stretching...you will go home from the gym feeling as though you just got the hell beat out of you. The following day, you will pray for a quick death. The next day, you are working the lower body...then another day of rest...back to the upper body. The day you hit lower body, you are thinking, "there is no way that this soreness will go away by the day after tomorrow." But it does, and you are able to train to complete failure again. If you mistakenly add another exercise, there is no way you can perform that exercise at peak efficiency after giving 100% on the previous exercise. There is also no way in hell that you will recover in time for the next workout on that body part....not if you use all of the DC principles.

can you give me an example on the negative aspect of this training!!! how do you properly incorperate these negatives into this workout?

can you give me an example on the negative aspect of this training!!! how do you properly incorperate these negatives into this workout?
    You do one workset per exercise and you explode up on the positive and control each negative in a 2-4 second time, when you fail on that last positive say rep 7 or 8 you will do a very slow negative like in a 6-8 second negative, rack the weight, take 5-15 deep breaths grap that same weight and do this again, you will do this rep scheme three times in a row except your reps will be less and less each set, you always use the same weight, so your workset would look like:

Incline Bench Press 315x8x3x2RP

Then when you are done with that RP workset, you take 5-15 deep breaths and grap that same weight and do a static hold at your strongest point of that movement and hold that weight for 30 seconds. Then you will proceed over and do your Extreme Stretch for that particular muscle if you need to do one, or you can group the stretches together and do three at once.

Now you are done with your only workset, and we do that for 5 exercises per workout with 5 different bodyparts...

Swellin Guest
    Crosby, you incorporate a controlled negative into every single rep. There are exceptions...deadlifts. Some even use negatives there, but no thank you! Once you can do the weight no more, and your partner picks it up off you, you then do a super slow negative...8 seconds or so.
    Wait until you try squatting with negatives! You will have to adjust your weight, because there is no way you can lift near as much, when you use a controlled negative and an eplosive positive movement.

For example, I worked declines the other night (1st time in 2.5 years). It took me about three seconds to lower the weight to my chest, then I held it for a full count before exploding to the top. On the 7th rep, I failed. I had some poor kid spotting me, and he barely got it off my chest after the big negative. I waited for 12 deep breaths, and jumped right back under it. Tha big negative was a bit too long (10 secs) and I was completely wasted...I only got two reps on the next set...then a 7 sec negative after the last failure...then 12 breaths...2 more reps, and about a 6 sec neg (the reason the neg was getting faster...I was wasted). After this, I did some extreme stretching, and I could bear the thought of hitting my pecs again that night.

After reading what IH wrote, I forgot about the static on this one...I only made 18 secs.

It's always cool to see what IH posted and see that I'm not that far off.
    Last edited by Swellin; 07-24-2004 at 11:21 AM.

can you also use the rest/pause method of training with say squats, deads, bent rows? also how many exercises per body part would be ideal for someone with good recovery?
    We do not RP bodyparts Back Thickness, Quads, Calves, forearms and Sumo Presses for Hams.

These exercises we do heavy brutal worksets, and the starting and stoping for a RP set could cause some injuries.

Recovery reasons when you start out with this program you will do the RP worksets but leave out the statics for the first two weeks to see how your system copes with these very taxing workouts, there are some trainees that can only workout two times per week due to below standard recouperation abilities...

Swellin Guest
    Don't listen to IH...he's trying to hurt you (j/k), the first time through it...you might not even want to do the rest pauses...the negatives alone kick your butt.

Crosby, you incorporate a controlled negative into every single rep. There are exceptions...deadlifts. Some even use negatives there, but no thank you! Once you can do the weight no more, and your partner picks it up off you, you then do a super slow negative...8 seconds or so.
    Wait until you try squatting with negatives! You will have to adjust your weight, because there is no way you can lift near as much, when you use a controlled negative and an eplosive positive movement.

For example, I worked declines the other night (1st time in 2.5 years). It took me about three seconds to lower the weight to my chest, then I held it for a full count before exploding to the top. On the 7th rep, I failed. I had some poor kid spotting me, and he barely got it off my chest after the big negative. I waited for 12 deep breaths, and jumped right back under it. Tha big negative was a bit too long (10 secs) and I was completely wasted...I only got two reps on the next set...then a 7 sec negative after the last failure...then 12 breaths...2 more reps, and about a 6 sec neg (the reason the neg was getting faster...I was wasted). After this, I did some extreme stretching, and I could bear the thought of hitting my pecs again that night.

After reading what IH wrote, I forgot about the static on this one...I only made 18 secs.

It's always cool to see what IH posted and see that I'm not that far off.
    Swell, Very good numbers and real nice workset you had there, are you liking those statics now, they give that extra taxing on your system don't they?

When I am doing the statics I actually do static pumps, so I do not just hold the weight, I actually do little 2" inch pumps, oh man you talk about failing, yea try those, you will be lucky to get 10 seconds, hehe...

Don't listen to IH...he's trying to hurt you (j/k), the first time through it...you might not even want to do the rest pauses...the negatives alone kick your butt.
    We always want everyone to start off with RP worksets so you can figure out your recouperation, since this is where you need to judge how you are going to make gains in this program, leave the statics out for a while til you get comfortable with the RP, and remember many bodyparts have straight sets of either 10-15, 8, or 4 reps per workset and some have a 20 rep set too...

Swellin Guest
    IH, I actually did a few of them...the weight starts slipping downward, and I shove it back to the target...then it slips...I shove...I HURT!

They are sweet, but without someone showing me exactly where to position the weight, I am going on what I have read, coupled with logic (concerning stressing the joints), as well as where it seems to place the most stress on the target muscle. It seems like the first 5-8 seconds are me trying to find the groove. I have not been doing them long enough to hit them a second time, but I figure I have a pretty good idea about them now.

This sucks without a training partner.

IH, I actually did a few of them...the weight starts slipping downward, and I shove it back to the target...then it slips...I shove...I HURT!

They are sweet, but without someone showing me exactly where to position the weight, I am going on what I have read, coupled with logic (concerning stressing the joints), as well as where it seems to place the most stress on the target muscle. It seems like the first 5-8 seconds are me trying to find the groove. I have not been doing them long enough to hit them a second time, but I figure I have a pretty good idea about them now.

This sucks without a training partner.
    On those statics you must find that strongest part of the movement, for instance, Chest it would be 6-8" from your Pecs, Shoulder Press it would be at the very top with your arms almost locked out, Lat Pulldowns it would be almost halfway down in the movement...

I do not care what some of the trainees say, you must have a good training partner for this program and you will make progress by leaps and bounds...

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I wish I also had a training partner for the DC method. Hell the one kid I was training with laughed when i told him about it so needless to say i left him in the dust and am going at it solo for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    I wish I also had a training partner for the DC method. Hell the one kid I was training with laughed when i told him about it so needless to say i left him in the dust and am going at it solo for the time being.
    Wait til you are blowing past him in gains and he will be begging with you to train him, so do like I do charge them to train with you...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have been doing doggcrapp training now for 6 weeks or so and gaining better then ever. In another 6-7 weeks or so Il be able to evaluate how good it realy is

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    On those statics you must find that strongest part of the movement, for instance, Chest it would be 6-8" from your Pecs, Shoulder Press it would be at the very top with your arms almost locked out, Lat Pulldowns it would be almost halfway down in the movement...
    I'll just elaborate a lil bit on this point. You want to find the point where the most muscle fibers will be recruited. If someone told you to jump as high as you can, you wouldn't stand straight up and just jump, and you wouldn't crouch down so your azz is touching your calves, it would be somewhere in between and you would instinctively know the exact point where you would have the most power to jump as high as you can.

On another note, alot of newbs to the program just switch the training, but you also need to adjust your diet, (the diet is arguably the hardest part), for 2 main reasons, grow as much as possible, and recover as fast as possible.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    On another note, alot of newbs to the program just switch the training, but you also need to adjust your diet, (the diet is arguably the hardest part), for 2 main reasons, grow as much as possible, and recover as fast as possible.
    agreed. the diet is the most important part of this program in my opinion.

The diet and the training is equal, you must have both in order to get the most gains and strength from this program, the diet is only hard if you are not a big eater, but the training is the most brutal I have ever done in my life and I have done BFT, Heavy Duty, HIT and more than I can remember...

Thread Information