solidj55 is offline Member

Juggernaut this is for you

You told me you were interested in my Kettlebell training. Well I have been at it for about 4 weeks now. The first two weeks were dedicated to learning better form rather than going all out. Then the third week I went all out but last week I was sick as hell and didnt get much out of it other than going through the motions. The run down is like this. The first week I did Monday, Wednesday, and Friday workouts. I did 3 sets of 2 arm swings, 3 sets of 1 arm cleans(each arm). I rested about 1 min between sets and my reps were pretty low, 15's on 2 arm swings, 8's on cleans. Like I said it was a form learning thing. Well, week 2 was the same except I added three sets of snatches at 5 reps per arm. Then Week three I experimented doing a different exercise every day. M-snatches, T-cleans, W-Swings, T-Snatches, F-cleans, S-swings. I did 3 sets per arm every day using different reps and rest between sets just to see what happened. Then last week I was sick and I only worked out twice, I did 5 sets of 10(each arm) on snatches on Monday, then on Wednesday I did 2 sets of 20(each arm) on cleans. So far I have lost about 7 pounds and my bodyfat has dropped 2%. This is with absolutely no change in diet what so ever. I am eating anything I want. Thats pretty good considering how much I have been eating and the types of food I have been eating. Not to mention I havent been hitting it hard because of the learning curve of the exercises. I decided to take it easy this week and not do anything so I can be prepared for my real cycle. This is the plan, maximum fat loss, extreme cardiovascular and muscular stamina. This will be an 8 week routine.

Monday
    AM- 1 Arm Snatches
    PM- Interval Cardio

Tuesday
    AM- 1 Arm Cleans
    PM- Pushup Ladders/Ab Work

Wednesday
    AM- Interval Cardio
    PM- OFF

Thursday
    AM- 1 Arm Snatches
    PM- Pushup Ladders/Ab Work

Friday
    AM- 1 Arm Cleans
    PM- Interval Cardio

Now some explaining is in order. I didnt tell you the sets or reps for the snatches/cleans. I will have three different schemes that I will use on my snatches and cleans. One will involve high volume of sets with lower reps and very short rest intervals between sets, the second will be low volume of sets and very high reps, and the last will be a timed overall session of non stop ladders switching between hands without stopping. For example in the snatch, the high set/low reps/short rest will be something like 10 sets of 5 each arm, no rest between arms, 30 sec to 1 min rest between sets. The way I will increase this will be to add a rep to each set every time I do this scheme. I consider one set to be complete after you have done your reps with both arms non stop. Ok now, low sets/high reps for my snatch would be something like 3 sets of 10 with 2-3 min rest between sets. I will just play this by ear and see how many reps I can increase each set every time I preform this scheme. Now a non stop ladder set would be 1 rep with one arm, 1 rep with the other arm, 2 reps with one arm, 2 reps with the other arm, etc. I will keep increasing the reps until it gets difficult and then start over at 1 rep again. Each time I do this I will try to increase the amount of time I can keep this up by adding 30sec to 1min each time or increase how far up the ladder I can go. Keep in mind this will be a non stop session switching the kettlebell between hands without setting it down.

My interval cardio will be three days per week. I will start out running 30 sec, jogging 30 sec for four minutes. Every third day of cardio I will add another sprint/jog session. By the end of 8 weeks I will be up to 15 minutes.

My pushup ladders are just like the ladders for kettlebells as far as 1 rep, 2 reps, etc non stop BUT when I reach the point of the ladder that gets really difficult I stop and rest 1 min before starting over at 1 rep again. I will do this as many times as I feel, I will play it by ear so to speak. Anyway, sorry its so long, Ill keep you posted on results.
    Last edited by solidj55; 02-26-2004 at 12:35 AM.

solidj55 is offline Member
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

More Power is offline New Member
    How many reps for which movements? I'd love to try it...

Thread Information