ripped525 is offline Junior Member

tendonitis question

I can feel the early signs of tendonitis, i was doing heavy dips and the next day i had a lil discomfort in my elbow and when i tried working out shoulders a couple of days later i felt shooting pains during and press movement, its been 5 days now since i didnt even touch a weight, i wanna start again but i dont want to make it worse, how long does it usually take to rest and get rid of the pain?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    if it is tendonitis, rest period is varied(much too long!) Severity,physical conditioning, blood circulation, diet, age, ect...determines it. How long? Its anyones guess

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    For tendonitis the ususal 'prescription' is to take some anti-inflamatories and rest the affected joint from 4-16 weeks, depending on the severity of the problem.

What happens in the real workd you ask? Well since I know no one who is willing to forego working out for that long, the reality is anti-inflamatories and training around the problem as much as possible. Some people swear by eating gelatin (Jello) which I have done in the past, tho I swear its an old wives tale. But hey, even if it has placebo effect you are better off doing it, right. lol.

Thread Information