HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

critique my dc program!

day1 - incline bench,upright rows,shoulder press,skull crushers
    day2 - wide-grip chins,bent rows,straight bar curls,reverse pec-dec
    day3 - squats,deadlifts,standing calf raises
    day4 - flat bench,lateral raises,shoulder press,close-grip bench
    day5 - wide-grip pulldowns,dumbell rows,preacher curls,rear delt dumbell flyes
    day6 - hack-squats,ham curls, seated calf raises
    day7 - rest
    day8 - back to day 1!

-I've tried the way the actual dc print-up said for a couple weeks and I found I'd rather work fewer muscle groups a day but hit the gym more often!
    -Also I'm working on building shoulder width right now so I've put medial delt exercises first before my shoulder presses, and both back days I'm hitting my lats first before thinkness!
    Last edited by crosby7117; 07-26-2004 at 01:32 AM.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to read it again, cause you don't understand it.

1. There is no way anyone with even the best recovery can go 6 days in a row with no rest.

2. There is no way you can go squats back to back with DLs, and go both at full intensity, plus they work similar muscles so there is no reason to put them back to back anyways.

3. There is a reason why reverse pec dec and rear delt flies don't get used, they don't do crap. You need to reread the program so you can understand what exercises build shoulder width.

You need to go back and reread the program, what you have here is not a DC split in any way.

no its not the same split, and yes i do understand it, and yes rear delt flyes have worked for me and yes they do help in shoulder width!when your lats get to a decent size they tend to turn your arms out with palms facing back making your rear delts pop out so the widest part of my shoulder when looking at me straight on is actually my rear delts! it's all about illusion buddy thats how i got my cannon ball shoulders! And second the reason why i have deads after squats is because i'm trying to deads because of a big lift about a month ago that put that exercise out of commision for me so right now i'm unable to go balls-out on that lift anyways so in that case i don't want to waste it on a back day when i can do other back exercises alot more productive, but in the future when i start banging deads again,if i can't handle it i'll change it up. I do understand this program and i'm applying all rest/pause,static holds, negatives and stretching with it, but i thought i would try something different and to my liking. If i end up over-training then i will cut back a bit, but who knows until i try it! plus in that article he mentions he trains guys who are natural and they put on a good amount of size so think about it, if that is the border line program without over training for a natural bodybuilder then i think i can raise the bar a bit because you do tend to recover a little quicker with some juice. Oh i forgot to add that i plan on doing 2 warm-ups not going to failure, then hitting the one working set! so with that said what do you think ?
    Last edited by crosby7117; 07-26-2004 at 03:08 AM.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Sorry but saboudian is 100% correct, this is not even close to DC's program...

y because the split is different?

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    y because the split is different?
    We don't do some of those exercises or in that order either, its not DC at all...

ok give me a run-down of your program so i can clear mine up!

saboudian is offline Senior Member

Real quick:

Day one would be Monday and would be:

Chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

Day two would be Wednesday and would be

biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

Day three would be Friday and would be the same as day one but with different exercises

chest
    shoulders
    triceps
    back width
    back thickness

(sat+sun off)

Day four would be the following Monday and would be the same as day two but with different exercises

biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads

and so on Wenesday, Friday, Monday, Wenesday etc.

Enjoy...

can someone clear up the shoulder stretch for me im not too sure what he means i have an idea but kind of unclear!

can someone clear up the shoulder stretch for me im not too sure what he means i have an idea but kind of unclear!
    Ok, standing at a Smythe machine, bar at chest level, face away form the bar, with an underhanded grip, hands about shoulder width, walk away from the bar til you are on your heels til you feel the stretch in your shoulders, then slowly shrug your shoulders towards the floor, I even lean back on my heels so just my hands are supporting me, hold for 60 seconds...

so your back is to the bar?

so your back is to the bar?
    Correct...

Thread Information