chuck101 is offline New Member

Abs The Hardest Thing To Get!!

I'VE BEEN LIFTING FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AND I HAVE HAD PRETTY SUFFICIENT GAINS FOR BEING ALL NATURAL. I WENT FROM 158-185 IN THAT TIME. THE REST OF MY BODY IS PRETTY HARD EXCEPT FOR MY STOMACH. I BEEN DOING CARDIO 4 TIMES A WEEK, BUT I REALLY WNAT TO INCREASE MY VASCULARITY, HARDNESS AND ABDOMINALS MUSCLES. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A GOOD WORKOUT FOR ABS IN WHICH I CAN DO THEM MON,TUES, THUR AND FRI AT A GYM, AND IF I HAVE TO DO THEM OTHER DAYS, EXERCISES I CAN DO AT HOME FOR WED, SAT AND SUNDAY. i APPRECIATE IT, AND I KNOW DIETING IS THE KEY, I BEEN DOING THAT HARDCORE, SO ANY RECOMENDATIONS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    dude, any ab workouts will work. There are an infinite number of ways to do abs effectively. try using weights as opposed to just your body weight. make sure to do excersizes that stretch your abs so you are really working all the muscle fibers. deadlifts are good bc they will tighten up your waist.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    like most i'm sure your main problem is the lower abs, try decline crunches with weight, leg raises with weight, etc.......how r u doing your cardio. It needs to be in the AM on an empty stomach for 45-60min with your heart rate at 65-75%. (220-your age X .7) If you're not doing that, try it and see what happens, also up it to 5-6 days a week

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    like most i'm sure your main problem is the lower abs, try decline crunches with weight, leg raises with weight, etc.......how r u doing your cardio. It needs to be in the AM on an empty stomach for 45-60min with your heart rate at 65-75%. (220-your age X .7) If you're not doing that, try it and see what happens, also up it to 5-6 days a week
    Very true with the cardio. My personal experience when i first started AM cardio was that my chest and stomach were noticeably tighter after just a week of doing this type of cardio. Unfortunatly i have become lazy and havent done cardio lately

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Super sets of crunches, rockey situps, regular situps, hanging legraises, oblique crunches, dying cockroach, and a few others I forgot are what we do for PT in the Army. Also not typing in all caps makes your posts easier to read.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I hear that taking off your caps makes your top two abs pop out!

J/K...........whatever your hardcore diet is, maybe it's time you re-define that as well as your ab routine. You may have areas in which you could greatly improve in both.

~SC~

worldknown is offline Banned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abs The Hardest Thing To Get!!-capslockgone.jpg  

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    You guys never cease to amaze me!!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Diet and cardio will do more to get your abs out than anything. To answer your workout question, i would say 4 sets of 15 reps of weighted hanging leg raises superset with 4 sets of 15 reps of decline crunches.

Thread Information