hme2143 is offline New Member

how does this workout sound

Alright im 5'10 170 probably around 14% bf. I have been working out seriously for about 1 year now and have made pretty good gains but now i seem to be in a rut. Here is my current workout.

Day 1: Chest
    Shoulders
    Abs
    Day:2 Biceps
    Triceps and 20 min of cardio.
    Day:3 Legs and Back
    Off
    Repeat on day 5
    Im wondering if this seems like to much im sore for about a day after my workouts and probably two days after doing legs, im waiting 3 days in between each body part.

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    I like to take a day off after big muscles like chest and legs.
    I never do 2 big muscle groups on the same day.
    I never do cardio after weight training.

But that's just me.

Try this:
    Day 1: Chest - Triceps
    Day 2: Off
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Off
    Day 5: Back - Biceps
    Day 6: Shoulders
    Day 7: Off

Try some cardio on your Off days in the morning before breakfast to stay fit.
    Get plenty of sleep.

Hope this helps.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off

Chest--tris
    Back--bis
    OFF
    Legs--abbs
    Shoulders
    OFF
    OFF

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Try and take a rest day inbetween workouts it helps you to recover

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Providing your goals are to lose bodyfat and gain muscle then the 20 min of cardio is not enough. You'll need at least 2 hours per week to get your bf down. Also recovery time is REAL important. Think about this... when you train chest and delts on day one you are using your triceps as a synergist in any pressing movement so they're getting worked. When you train them directly on day 2 they've had a workout just the day before. Then the same thing happens when you train biceps and follow up the next day with lats. You certainly don't want to overtrain, and obviously are concerned or you would not have posted this thread. There are a couple of options I'd recmmend.

1. Like Billy Boy said above take a day off in between sessions.
    2. Change your split to chest/delts/triceps, lats/biceps, legs/calfs (throw in abs a couple times a week)

I suggest that if you get plenty of sleep, and eat a excellent diet, then you can follow the second plan train your whole body in three days, take a day off start over on Friday, then take the weekend off and resume where you left off. This way one bodypart will be trained twice each week and it will rotate. On the bodypart that gets hit twice you can very the high joint stress exercises to avoid overloading your joints.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Legs and chest should always be given a whole day devoted to working them out. And they should be given the longest recovery time. For me, it's chest once a week. I have overdone it on chest and injured my shoulder in high school.. Hitting the weights every weekday is ideal, in my opinion, and using the weekends to let your muscles fully recover. Oh yeah, on Fridays, I tend to do light workouts, so my muscles practically have 3 days to recover.

hme2143 is offline New Member
    Alright thanks guys, tell me how this sounds
    Monday
    bis, back
    Tuesday
    chest, tris
    OFF
    Thursday
    Legs, shoulders

so im working out every two days and the taking a rest day and starting up again

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    thats not bad....maybe do chest monday because you use some shoulders in bench and it will give you a nice rest to go big on both of those days.

KINGLYON8801 is offline New Member
    BRO TRY THE PUSH PULL EFFECT. I HAVE MIXED THAT TYPE OF SPLIT WITH A MODIFIED HIT PROGRAM. TRY DOING THIS SPLIT. IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO HIT THE MUSCLES DIRECTLY & INDIRECTLY

MON: CHEST & BICEPS
    TUES: LEGS
    WENDES: OFF
    THURS: BACK, TRAPS, TRI'S
    FRIDAY: DELTS
    SAT & SUN: OFF

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I like Kinglyon's the best. Doing chest and bi's, you make sure that each bodypart is fresh every day.

You're tri's are already pre exhausted every time you do pushing movements...which is sometimes good, but doing it all the time, will only shortchange your triceps growth. Go with king's...thats what i would do.

Thread Information