Thread: power cleans

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member

Question power cleans

i was wondering...where the hell do i put power cleans???on what body part day??? shoulder?? back? legs?? i have no idea..i heard this is one of the best exercises to release testosterone and growth hormone ...and i would like to know where to put them..for the last two weeks i've been doing them alone, here and there on my off days in my basement.thanx

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    My buddies used to do it during shoulder workouts.

that was probably the last place i was going to put it...but now i'll give it a second though

drop the power cleans bro, phuckin waste of time no offense. you should be rollin steady if you keep the big 3 in there on a weekly basis(squats, deadlifts, benchpress)

well i had to drop my BP for the last month or so (it sucks) b/c of elbow pains...so i figured i'd throw another compound movement in there instead

what elbow pains? get it checked out bro. im benching with a hair line fracture to my wrist and i tough it out. the only way the fracture will leave me is if, i totally snap my wrist. it hinders my straight barbell curls only and sometimes my close grip presses but i just deal with it.

i mean personally, power cleans are useless. when i was on the high school weightlifting team, i had to do them cuzz the coach was a cock about them. they did nothing. this should give you time to concentrate on your squats and deads a little more. find other means on working your chest heavy untill your elbow pains go away. but in my personal opinion bro, 7 years in the game and ive been doing great with no power cleans, alot of people on this board will agree.

keep in mind, power cleans were thought up for football players, not for our sort of life style. way back, they added speed and agility. they have no use in bodybuilding.....

my left elbow absolutely kills me lately no matter what, it's like it senses the straight bar but anyway..after powercleans yesterday my traps are so sore they haven't been like this in a year i might just stick with it for a few weeks to see if it benefits me at all but i appreciate your advice

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I read Ronnie Coleman incorporated part of PC a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by cokdiesl
    my left elbow absolutely kills me lately no matter what, it's like it senses the straight bar but anyway..after powercleans yesterday my traps are so sore they haven't been like this in a year i might just stick with it for a few weeks to see if it benefits me at all but i appreciate your advice
    ya by no means am i trying to halt your experimentation with your routine bro. remember, everyone is different. what works for you might not work for me.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    i do hang cleans, where you start from a standing position instead of the floor, and I use them on my back days......

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    The Arnold beginner routine uses it for the Major Lift on shoulder and arms days. But, It's done with an over head press to finish it off. Clean and Press. Before I hurt my shoulder on a date, I was able to 1 RM my body weight on the Clean and Press.

When I was doing them, I would go 4x8 .
    Then right after the last set, I'd leave the weight on and do three sets of Push Press-6, 4, 2, and super set with DB Laterals.
    Then right after that, I'd leave on the weight and go into Heavy Up-right Rows- 8, 6, 4 and super set that with Front DB raises.

Thread Information