Kurupt is offline New Member

Coming back from a shoulder injury

Hey all, I tore my right rotator cuff a couple of months back and last week I tried a couple of sets of dumbell bench presses and was shocked when I could barely push 50 pound dumbells. I'm lookin for a routine to get me back into it and help me strengthen my shoulders.

I've always had weak shoulders, back in 1997 I tore my left rotator cuff and in 2000 I banged up my right shoulder pretty bad, and now a couple of months ago I tore my right rotator cuff.

I wanna build up my strength too, since my shoulders are messed up I never really was able to push heavy weights and considering my size I feel like a bitch when I'm in the gym and I see guys half the size of me pushing the same weights.

Can you guys help me out.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Back in May, I had SLAP repair..definately put a dent in my workout..even cardio was a bitch. Just take it slow, give you body time to properly heal-do some rotator strenghtening excercises...and try HGH!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Back in May, I had SLAP repair..definately put a dent in my workout..even cardio was a bitch. Just take it slow, give you body time to properly heal-do some rotator strenghtening excercises...and try HGH!
    In addition to this:
    Not to sound like a dick, but f*ck what everyone else is pushing bro. So what if they are smaller, and pushing what you are. The only person that cares what you are pushing is you. One of the better things I have learned here by far... It doesn't really matter, as long as you are seeing results .
    You'll be better off down the road if you give your body time to heal up.
    Good luck, and best wishes bro.!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Only time will help. But you must not do heavy. Be smart eat your pride,lift sensible. Concentrate on auxillary muscells around the rotator cuff so the can take some of the stress off cuff. Do full range of motion but light weight & STRICT form.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Start doing rotator cuff exercises 3-4 times per week for 10-15 mins per day...

I've had the same probelms and whenever i get lazy and stop doing them it

seems like it isn't long before i start having problems again and it stops my

progress on the bench...

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro u need to rehab it, or find a rehab program online and do that for a while..if u havnt rehabbed already.. then start at what you can and do that, sure alot of ppl will be stronger than you, but they dont have the damage to that area you do, so dont let that stupid crap get to u....good luck

Kurupt is offline New Member
    Thanks guys.

Buff87, what kind of rotator cuff exercises do you do. And where can I find an rehab program online. I've looked around a bit and didn't find anything.

TheGirth is offline New Member
    Speaking of injuries, I just busted my ankle while doing some cardio last night. I ran over a rock then, bam pop, pop! I limped home, now my ankle is swollen. I packed ice and elevated, but I neeeeeeed to get back to the gym, I don’t want to get soft for my vacation! Any tips?

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    bro u need to rehab it, or find a rehab program online and do that for a while..if u havnt rehabbed already.. then start at what you can and do that, sure alot of ppl will be stronger than you, but they dont have the damage to that area you do, so dont let that stupid crap get to u....good luck
    i agree you need to get some sort of program and rehabilitate your shoulder, i believe a lot of times the PT or whoever you go to, a lot of times uses those "rubber bands" if you guys no what i'm talking about, maybe you should look into getting some of those, or maybe these tech. are out dated now

Thread Information