worldknown is offline Banned

Great Back day, but bi's are sore?

Hey bros yesterday i had the absolute best back workout i have ever had, even my biceps are sore which is kind of weird, and i have bi's on friday. What should i do if im still sore when friday rolls around? Wait till saturday? I dont want to overtrain, thanks bros.
    my biceps are more sore from back day than a regular bi day, and my traps are more sore than from a trap day and i have traps tommorow also. help lol

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Don't do traps tomorow, and if your bi's are still sore on bicep day don't do bi's til they are recovered. Your bi's are heavily involved in most back exercises. Thats a good routine right?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    most train back and bis the same day and chest and tris
    whats your routine like

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=114381

dude i would have died if i did back and bi's on same day. i was swimming in my own sweat as it is. bdubbz is my spotter

nsa
    Chins - 3 sets, 8-10
    Lat pulldowns - 3 sets, 8-10
    Barbell rows - 3 sets, 8-10
    T-bar rows - 3 sets, 8-10
    Deadlifts - 3 sets, 8-10
    Is it?
    He's doing a variation of my back workout. And the back workout i do is killer IMO, its never exactly the same exercises each week so your body never adjusts to the workload and your body is constantly growing.

im sorry for not giving credit and mentionion that i am currently using a big majority of nsa's workout routine, but i think in that workout routine link it gives him credit!

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    yea since I started going hard on back my bi's have been really sore the next day. Just make sure you stretch the bi's really well when you're done. Are you doing pull-ups? thats the worst for me at hitting the bi's on a back day.

nsa
    Heavy pull downs and heavy barbell rows are what kills me, my grip gives out often before i can finish. I really need to get some straps.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Chins - 3 sets, 8-10
    Lat pulldowns - 3 sets, 8-10
    Barbell rows - 3 sets, 8-10
    T-bar rows - 3 sets, 8-10
    Deadlifts - 3 sets, 8-10
    Is it?
    He's doing a variation of my back workout. And the back workout i do is killer IMO, its never exactly the same exercises each week so your body never adjusts to the workload and your body is constantly growing.
    I do lat pull downs first to warm up and move up to my body weight (210) since I can't adjust my bodyweight.

then chins, with body weight, 20lbs, 35lbs, 45lbs, 55lbs and 45 lbs.

then barbell rows, then t-bar rows.

After that there is no F---ing way on God's green Earth that I could do dead lifts.

When I do deadlifts I always do them first. They are a HUGE mass builder. You are doing them at the low point of your test curve with a relatively small weight (compared to your max).

Since you are not doing weighted chins, I would do dead firsts. Always do your killer compound first, then work on the squeeze.

Just my 2 cents.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    If their still real tender then skip working them. Even though you were concentrating on Back for your workout Bi's play a good part of the work load so in essance you've all ready worked bi's. If they feel fine come the day you normally do Bi's then work them again.It's really up to you and how your body feels.

I do Back with Bi's and cahnge up the type of exercise each week (except the the Major lifts). Every other week I'll rotate which group I work first. Back then bi's one week, Bi's then back the following and then now and then I mix it a little more by doing a bi exercise then a back so on until I've completed my routine.

decadbal is offline Banned
    id say work on form a little i didnt read that so far, i do super heavy back day and my bis are never soar.. so either your usin some decent but bad form or your bis are weak(not a flame, just a eval..lol) either way, check your form, and hit the bis harder so they will catch up to your back strength..(like thats possible, but u can get to a even ground)

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    IMO...you need to give you bi's a 2 day rest before hitting them. However, if your arms are that sore then you are not squeezing or concentrating on your back. You may need to go a little lighter and pull and squeeze with your back. Peace

Big_Diesel is offline Associate Member
    If your Bis are that sore doing back then you need to start using straps and going with a no- thumb grip this will put most of the load on your back instead of your bis. I sometimes do my bis on the same day as back for this reason. Your bis are already cooking might as well finish them off. Works good for me. IMO

Thread Information