partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

I'm Training Under Max Ot Principles Now Going On Two Weeks

has anyone trained this way and for how long?what types of results have you seen?
    i have to say that all my sets have been 4-6 rep range subscribing to the theory that heavy weight builds muscle. i have been positively failing at 6 on the 2-3 sets i use.
    now in my second week, my DL max lift has gone up 10lbs(not crazy but it's 10 lbs more than my max last week) so i would like to see if this will continue week to week for awhile since i'll take 40-50lbs in 5 weeks on that if i can.
    my incline press has gone up 15 lbs, i'm happy with this due to severe shoulder problems.
    flat bench went up 10 lbs, like i said b4, not crazy but each 10lbs adds up by the week if this trend continues.
    overall i feel strong mentally by training this way.it's a little more taxing for me since i was in a 8-12 rep range for most of the last two years.
    i was just curious to find anyone whpo has trained this way for the approx 12- 16 weeks suggested.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Never used it. You should be getting stronger because the rep scheme he advocates along with the recovery periods are right in line with research for Strength Training.

12-16 weeks?? You better have some kind of transition or unloading period!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if you go a week without gaining 10 lbs on a max.. take 1 week off...

It's a simular situation with static training..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

i figure on the strnegth gains coming as it's appropriate to the rep scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Never used it. You should be getting stronger because the rep scheme he advocates along with the recovery periods are right in line with research for Strength Training.
    my concern is the growth factor. i have volume trained primarily my whole training life. i'm curious to see what this style of training will do for muscle hypertrophy. i'm going to review monthly with circumference measurements, bf assessments to monitor LBM, and stress evaluation tests.
    we'll see...

Strength and Hypertrophy go hand in hand. As the cross sectional area of the muscle increases, force production increases. So it is a must to periodize your training into strength and hypertrophy microcycles. Focus on strength, and when you transition back into hypertrophy training, you should be able to do more weight for higher volume, thus, making greater gains. I have seen studies where conventional strength training produced more gains in muscle mass than did conventional hypertrophy training. Since you have always training in the 8-12 rep scheme, I think this will definitely produce hypertrophy.

haha thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Strength and Hypertrophy go hand in hand. As the cross sectional area of the muscle increases, force production increases. So it is a must to periodize your training into strength and hypertrophy microcycles. Focus on strength, and when you transition back into hypertrophy training, you should be able to do more weight for higher volume, thus, making greater gains. I have seen studies where conventional strength training produced more gains in muscle mass than did conventional hypertrophy training. Since you have always training in the 8-12 rep scheme, I think this will definitely produce hypertrophy.
    this is my thought process on this so i like the confirmation,haha.i'm looking forward to coming weeks.i'll def chart everything and post the whole process when i am done

Thread Information