IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

over training or shocking?

i have not really done anything too crazy for bicepts in a **** long time. but what i did today, just freaking tore my muscles to pieces. can i just have your input on if i overtrained or shocked my muscles.

this is what i did today

b.b curl-9 reps-then 3 successful rest pause reps

( fing crazy dropset 21's sort of) i did a set of 21's, i had to cheat a little at the very end-w/out rest, dropped 40 pounds and did 21's again, i had to cheat alot more than the first set, and by the end, i could barely move my arms at all, they hurt like a mother. i could'nt even hold my pen to write in my log book, i actually dropped it several times.( o ya and they were barbell too)

ezbar preachers-1 set of 8 to failure

d.b. hammercurls-1st set i did 12 reps just stopping short of failure
    2nd set 7 reps and failed on 8

my arms are so sore that i am worried that i overtrained them. i am eating plenty of food and was basically able to sit on my a$$ for the rest of today. so do you think i just shocked myself or overtrained??

P.S. let me know if this sounds too confusing

also, the pump i got from this was enormous, put me slightly over 18 inches

sorry, the banana is not exactly appropriate for the point i was trying to make lol

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Overtraining is going TOO hard for your muscles for a period of time. Shocking your muscles, not the two fingers and pinky thing, is a once in a while overtrain that can spur growth. As long as you go normal or lite the next time you do biceps, you should be ok. If you do this routine for several weeks, thats over training and youll mess yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i have not really done anything too crazy for bicepts in a **** long time. but what i did today, just freaking tore my muscles to pieces. can i just have your input on if i overtrained or shocked my muscles.

this is what i did today

b.b curl-9 reps-then 3 successful rest pause reps

( fing crazy dropset 21's sort of) i did a set of 21's, i had to cheat a little at the very end-w/out rest, dropped 40 pounds and did 21's again, i had to cheat alot more than the first set, and by the end, i could barely move my arms at all, they hurt like a mother. i could'nt even hold my pen to write in my log book, i actually dropped it several times.( o ya and they were barbell too)

ezbar preachers-1 set of 8 to failure

d.b. hammercurls-1st set i did 12 reps just stopping short of failure
    2nd set 7 reps and failed on 8

my arms are so sore that i am worried that i overtrained them. i am eating plenty of food and was basically able to sit on my a$$ for the rest of today. so do you think i just shocked myself or overtrained??

P.S. let me know if this sounds too confusing

also, the pump i got from this was enormous, put me slightly over 18 inches

ok, it is now 3 days later, and i can definately tell you this was a very schocking workout. i took a cold measurement before i did the workout, and i took a cold measurement now. i have a positive difference of 3/16 of an inch. amazing workout!!!!!

LM1332 Guest
    exactly what homer said. Once a month is okay for it aka shocking the muscle just make sure you eat plenty. For overtraining like homer said you gotta do it everytime you work your bis

yup yup, ill go back to a more average routine and enjoy greater strength.

Thread Information