JAYWHITE is offline Junior Member

Fewer Cals=less fat no prob right? WRONG!

All right I've had it. Im cutting my cal intake by 500 ed which equals 2000 cals a day. Im also watching my carb intake. In case ya'll havn't guessed already I'm trying to shed some unwanted lbs. I'm 6'1" 210 LBS. Body fat is some where between 19and 20%. Now heres were the problem comes in. I was at the gym today and had 0 energy I was lifting half what I usually do and tired much quicker. I have a feeling it is from the decreased cals/ carbs. I want to loose weight (mainly gut) and a little body fat. But I hate taking such a loss in the gym. Can anyone give me some usefull advise? I'm serious I was so frustrated I walked out of the gym not even halfway done with my chest.

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    how much cardio do you do?

decreasing 500 cals may not be the answer depending on what the 500 cals of your diet you are cutting out. If it's 500 cals of junk then that's not quite as bad as cutting out 500 cals of protein.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    you may be better checking your diet first to make sure your macros are in order.check this out.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=75729

stielow775 is offline New Member
    Sound to me like you don't have enough carbs. Make sure your getting plenty of sleep too, and good sleep. And sometimes its about listening to your body and you have to sometimes step back and then go forward.

peace out stileow

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I have one word for you ..... tren

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not going to say that my diet is perfect but I would advise you checking it out and seeing how yours looks according to it because I am losing a good deal of weight while retaining 100% energy each day. I get 7-8hrs sleep daily so that helps. My journal is in the Members cycle results forum (Embarking on TheChosen Journey). My dietary routine fits in accordance to the diet sticky as well so it may be something to investigate.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Don't go to the gym on an empty stomach. Eat a little oatmeal before you workout. It has carbs in it, but it burns off quickly and gives you the energy to get through a good workout.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    like someone else said check out the cutting sticky... you will want to get some carbs in still if you have no energy, just make sure to get them early in the day and you should be fine... lay off carbs later afternoon and evening though.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    What did you mean your first line to say? If you are cutting 500 kcal/day, that is 3500 kcal/week. How many kcal are you consuming?
    What is your breakdown/ratios? % CHO, % Protein, % Fat.
    At your size, I would suggest approximately 3,000kcal w/ a 45/40/15 respectivley.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    What did you mean your first line to say? If you are cutting 500 kcal/day, that is 3500 kcal/week. How many kcal are you consuming?
    What is your breakdown/ratios? % CHO, % Protein, % Fat.
    At your size, I would suggest approximately 3,000kcal w/ a 45/40/15 respectivley.
    I'm diabetic so my carb intake is higher than what regular people take in, but 45% carbs seems high to me for a cutting diet of a "regular" person.

He is also 210 lbs. For a 3000 kcal diet, that is only 330 g of CHO per day.

just seems high for a regular persons cutting diet... maybe not though. (this is why i usually don't comment on amount of total carb intake for regular people cause i am more familiar with diabetic diets )

Probably is, but i am not a big advocate of the low low carb dieting. Also, I would rather have someone eating a few too many CHO, than not make it through a workout. As long as they are complex, besides for PWO nutrition, I think the benefits of having more energy will outweigh the risk of storing it as fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Probably is, but i am not a big advocate of the low low carb dieting. Also, I would rather have someone eating a few too many CHO, than not make it through a workout. As long as they are complex, besides for PWO nutrition, I think the benefits of having more energy will outweigh the risk of storing it as fat.
    I couldnt disagree more. If he has the proper protein intake there is no reason for him to need the carbs to retain muscle or for energy. Excess protein intake will be used for energy by the body to begin with. His main goal is fat loss and fat loss only. Having a diet of 330g Carb will not remotely put anyone in ketosis. That is a minimum of 4 meals of carbs containing 82g C/meal. There is no way no how he can lose considerable weight with that. Many people use that same formula for bulking (myself included) and I couldnt imagine it ever being effective for cutting. Here is my outline for you. If you feel lethargic than you obviously arent eating often enough, staying hydrated, or taking ECA/Clen .

Cardio on empty stomach.

Meal 1- 55g Protein with 14g Fat. Take the ECA a half hour prior to the workout!

Meal 2- 55 grams of protein using protein powder and Egg Beater whites. A tablespoon of flax oil or 1oz Almonds (about 14 grams fat).

Meal 3- Roughly 55 grams of protein and 14 grams of fat. This will be a solid food meal.

Meal 4- 55 grams of protein from beef, chicken, turkey, fish, tuna, cottage cheese, etc.

Post-workout - 55 grams of protein (Isolate) and 85 grams of carbs (dextrose).

PPWO Will contain the same amounts as above, but in the form of solid food. Chicken and rice, turkey and potato, Tuna and pasta, etc.

I assure you this diet provides both energy and fatloss at a steady rate without comprimising muscle retention. If you dont want to take my word on its effectiveness than ask around and I guarentee you it matchs what others on this board use effectively.

That sounds more like I figured for a normal persons cutting diet! I thought those carbs sounded awfully high.

Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    I have one word for you ..... tren
    this is highly uneducated, your gonna recommend tren to someone with a 20% bodyfat.....

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    this is highly uneducated, your gonna recommend tren to someone with a 20% bodyfat.....
    There is nothing wrong with someone at 20% bf taking tren . Hell many guys bulk up to that same % and use tren doing so. The issue here is that tren is not the means to weight loss, diet and exercise are. He could easily get buy using tren/test and a great diet and cardio routine. I dont think there is any question about that. As long as he is more than educated and experienced on AAS/diet/training there should be no problem using AAS (even tren) while cutting. Many many many people do so on a regular basis.

He should not have to rely on Tren /ECA/Clen .

decadbal is offline Banned
    my advice to you, only drop calories from carbs, and dont start at 500, try 200-250 for a week then up it and keep doing that till u start to not get any positive losses.. then go up some.. if u drop your cal intake to fast youll lose mus. mass instead of mostly fat

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I
    Cardio on empty stomach.

Meal 1- 55g Protein with 14g Fat. Take the ECA a half hour prior to the workout!

Meal 2- 55 grams of protein using protein powder and Egg Beater whites. A tablespoon of flax oil or 1oz Almonds (about 14 grams fat).

Meal 3- Roughly 55 grams of protein and 14 grams of fat. This will be a solid food meal.

Meal 4- 55 grams of protein from beef, chicken, turkey, fish, tuna, cottage cheese, etc.

Post-workout - 55 grams of protein (Isolate) and 85 grams of carbs (dextrose).

PPWO Will contain the same amounts as above, but in the form of solid food. Chicken and rice, turkey and potato, Tuna and pasta, etc.

I assure you this diet provides both energy and fatloss at a steady rate without comprimising muscle retention. If you dont want to take my word on its effectiveness than ask around and I guarentee you it matchs what others on this board use effectively.
    Almost identicalto the diet I have been following for over a year a now- someone sticks to this,plus a good workout- cutting/fatloss will not a problem!

Thread Information