Thread: Proper Movement

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member

Proper Movement

i wanted to know some of your opinions on the proper way to do a rep, do you guys do a controled movement, or just go all out? i've read that some pro's say that they don't use a controled movement, but they constantly go for pushing more weight or more reps, just wanted to hear some of your opinions on the subject

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Strict form for reps in body building. For power lifting low reps, even stricter form. Technique is 50% of what power lifting is. You can get seriously injured if you don't maintain strict form.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Strict form for reps in body building. For power lifting low reps, even stricter form. Technique is 50% of what power lifting is. You can get seriously injured if you don't maintain strict form.
    valid point, i'm not saying to just go crazy, i guess i should say some suggest to explode on the positive and for example go 6 seconds on the negative, while others say go explosive on the positive as well, but just go down quicly and controled on the negative, but i wonder if it would make a big differance if in both lifts you went the exact same range of motion?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    beginners should follow strict form. Leave the cheating for advance

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, what he said. I think you are maybe wondering about West Side Barbell work out. They have days with heavy training but not really speed. And then they have light weight days with speed used to vary the intensity. Do a search. It's just another way of varying intensity when you start to platue. (sp?)

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Controlled. If you are just slinging heavy weight, you are probably activating more muscle fibers doing less weight with more control.

Thread Information