dern180 is offline Member

is it good to do crunchs everyday

I do crunchs everyday 5 days a week with a workout and after.
    Is it good to do them everyday. Or should i cut back. And one other thing is it better to do crunch more when on a cycle.

potent is offline Junior Member
    you can do abs everyday.

jersey juice is offline Member
    This is a very gray area, but I do abs eod. They are still a muscle that needs to recover like any other. Would you do 100 bicep curls with 10lbs ed?? Train them like any other muscle with enough recovery time. BTW, if you hit them hard you shouldn't be able to do them the next day.

xenithon is offline Member
    Tennis_god

xenithon is offline Member
    oops, sorry about that last post - pushed wrong button

anyways: Tennis_God - please let me know what you do for abs. You see, I had been training them daily for 2-3 years (i was hecticly overweight - and so i never 'saw' them so I was under the facade they weren't there ) but i was yoiung and naive hehe.

lately i have cut it down to be eod - sometimes twice in a row to get 4 days/week in. i have tried everything from high reps, low reps, weighted, unweighted, many different excercies + forms + positions etc. and I cannot really get them sore the next day - I am thinking maybe its cause they are so used to it already

I get a great burn when training them, bu the next day i am fine. i only actually really feel them sore the next day if its after heavy deadlifts or squats (due to their stabilisation uses in the body).

got any suggestions?? thanks!

dern180 is offline Member
    xenithon I know what you mean. I too was really over weight I went from four hundred ten pounds to one hundred eighty.

Core is offline Junior Member
    My abs respond great to 3 days a week at 20 min. Diet is what really makes the difference. You dont want to overtrain them or use a lot of weight. You want them tighter and toned, not bigger.

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    I train abs twice a week hard and heavy for 5-10 mins. This is the only way I will train abs for the moment, doing endless amounts of situps is a waste of valueable time in my eyes. It is damn hard to put muscle on and keep it on but damn easy to lose it.
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I used to do abb work every day but i found it made my stomach look to big...

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I train my abs 3 times a week and I don't really have much to show for it now, but in a couple months they'll be there and ripped.

Thread Information