bigjohnr is offline Associate Member

workout frequency

I normally train 2 days on 1 off 2 on 2 off, I am thinking about a 4 way split but going every other day. It is recomended on the steroid .com main page for work outs. I am 44 and have been training for 30 years. I like the every other day concept with a 4 way split. Don't like training on sunday so may go M,W,F,S.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

stielow775 is offline New Member
    From what I have read is m w f lifting tues and thursday cardio and sat sun off. But it all depends on your diet and if your bulking or cutting. I have to go right now 6 days a week because I have been lazy and need to get off my lazy a**. But I think I should get in shape quick. close to 2 years off, man I wish i never quit I feel like crap about now.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    stielow775, just hang in there and get to the gym and you will get in great shape fast!

More Power is offline New Member
    I've found the following helpful, my power has increased using this method.

If you want to get bigger you still do not need to train to failure, says Pavel, but you must increase your total tonnage lifted, or volume. Thus, an example of a strength workout for Pavel would be a few sets of doubles with 90% of your 1RM, while if you were training for size you might want to do 8-10 sets of 4-5 reps with 80% of your 1RM. All of these sets are terminated one rep short of failure, just like in a strength workout. Pavel feels that when someone tells you about how they did a set of 27 reps to total and utter failure on the leg press machine and puked 3 times and couldn't walk right for 3 days, this is nothing more than histrionics.
    http://www.tc.umn.edu/~keen0018/ptp.htm

Thread Information