Mighty Duck is offline Junior Member

Arm wake up call

Any advice on stimulating new growth on the old arms?

I'm just beginning to hit them more than once a week in an effort to stimulate some new growth.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    gear would do it

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I.M.O working you arms 2 times a week will help you in no way. You need time to recover and 2 times a week doesnt give you enought time. Hence overtraining.
    My advice is hitting them harder on the day you normally workout arms. Change things up maybe. I find the best thing for arm growth for me is heavy olympic bar curls . Standing alternating dumbell curls are awesome for isolating.

What does your arm workout look like?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Depends if you are on or not. If on, your arms can likely recover if given a two day a week workout. However, if natural, following a one day blasting routine would probably be your better bet.

Good advice from Rage and Devils...although Devils was blunt and to the point, it actually would help.... A LOT!

gymnut4u is offline Member
    ok my 2c,
    If you are not on ,and are a hard gainer,once a week is enough,more than that and you may and I have seen it lose size in the arms, one thing to rember is when you do back you use some by's,,when you do chest you use some try's , The dreaded overtraining !!!! If you are on or gain size easy , then twice a week is ok ,rember the by's and try's are small muscle groups and recover quickly !!!

I NEED TO SAY THIS BEFORE I PUT THIS WORK OUT UP HERE ,IT IS NOT FOR ANYONE THAT HAS NOT BEEN IN THE GYM 2-3 YEARS !!!i DONT WANT TO GET ANYONE HURT !!!!!

You will need alot of carbs before this work out !!!!!

Try this for hard gainers ,or to shock a muscel into new growth--take 65% of your one rep max

do 4 sets of 15-20 rest only 1 min after each set
    ----------BY'S----------
    preacher bench curls/ 4 sets of 15-20 /1 min rest after each set
    rest 5 min

barbell curls/4 set of 15-20 reps /1min rest after each set
    rest 5 min

dumbell hammer curls /4 set of 15-20 rep/1 min rest after each set
    rest 5 min

con cable curls/4 set of 15-20 reps/1 min rest after each set

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REST FOr 10 MIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---------TRYS--------

seated dumbell brain busters // same rest,set and rep as above !!
    close grip bench
    dips
    under handed cable pull downs

If you can still lift your arms up from the pump,to wash your hair,or put the loation on the dome ,for those of us who mother nature has damed !!! lol !!!!! When you get home I you are more of a man than some of the pros i know !!!!!!!!!

hope this helps bro's and ladys !
    Last edited by gymnut4u; 02-27-2002 at 12:44 AM.

NightOp is offline Member
    gymnut thnx for the info/help

Ok, here is my prob with only working biceps (or triceps) once a week... In training, there is volume and intensity... ie twice a week (say monday and thursday) at a moderate intensity is theoretically similiar to once a week with insane intensity... Now, when I do my bicep workouts (I do them twice a week) I feel that I do a moderate enough intensity (isometric failure on each set sometimes) by only doing two exercises (for biceps). I use a rep range meaning that I pick a weight I can get 7 times and use it for weeks until I can it get 12 times, then i up the weight and start over with 7 reps working up to 12.. this works great.

For me (pretty young still) when I work biceps at an insane level of intensity with lots of sets and exercises, I will be very very sore but by the end of the third day after the workout, My arms feel fine (like normal again)... So it seems a waste to go all week long with only training biceps once... Now, I realize that your biceps are being worked as secondary muscles with many other exercises, but regardless, I still feel fine after a few days... I know that 2x week is better for some ppl and 1x week is for others, but if I can recover fast enough (especially w/creatine) why not hit em twice a week?

Here is my breakdown (in order of day and order of performing exercises)

mon- Back, abs, shoulders
    tues- Biceps, pecs, forearms, triceps
    wed- Quads, calves
    thur- Back, abs, shoulders
    frida- Biceps, pecs, forearms, triceps

if you look at this, you will notice that each primary muscle gets two full days rest, and any exercises that use a muscle as secondary (such as for Back, using rows, the biceps are secondary) are performed before the primary as to allow proper recovery....

I know that some of you might be thinking that this is overtraining (which it very well could be, however I don't FEEL any soreness at all by the 2nd time a muslce is used each week). Imean in high school, our coach made us workout fullbody three times a week (curls, flat bench, incline bench, dips, squats, leg curls) and I made strength gains EVERY week and it was great... now I make strength gains slowly, but the size is just not coming... any suggestions/thoughts on all this (sorry i type alot)

9natural9 is offline Banned
    starts with S ends with S

Thread Information