Aggression is offline Member

Question about dumbell side bends

When doing dumbell sidebends what side oblique gets worked when what side dumbell gets pulled up? For example if I am holding a dumbell in my right hand and pulling it up, is my left or right oblique getting worked? You can look at this and decide if you want. (He is using his right hand with the dumbell, is his left or right oblique getting worked?)

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises...DBSideBend.html

Also, should I do only one side and dumbell at a time (like he's doing) or should I grab two dumbells and do both sides at the same time(Left than right, etc)

Also, if I'm training to get back into boxing, will doing these help my obliques to get stronger to take a rib shot?

Aggression is offline Member
    Anyone?

RATM is offline Senior Member
    This is the third time you've started a thread on here and in the Third different forum. WTF???

Olympic_Caliber is offline New Member
    I think it is the opposite of whichever hand the dumbell is in. Besides, you can feel it when you do it.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    1- The oblique on the oposite side that you are holding the weight.
    2- Do whichever feels best. I like to hold one dumbell in each hand. If you only have one dumbell then you have no choice.
    3- No, increasing the size of the obliques doesn't help you take a shot to the ribs any better. The only thing that helps you take a shot to the ribs is to get hit in the ribs. At least that was the only thing that helped me when I was fighting, way back when.

Thread Information