sniper320 is offline Member

Incline/ decline

is incline first the way to go? lately ive been doing incline first and then decline and ive noticed my flat bench has gone up a bit.

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    incline is the way to go bro. flat barbell blows IMO and I dont even do decline. I think my lower chest gets a better workout from dips and pullovers. Try incline barbell, flat dumbell, incline flyes, dips and pullovers for a chest workout. Ive tried everything and that seems to work best, for me anyways.

sniper320 is offline Member
    ya i dont really do decline either, just dips

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke01
    incline is the way to go bro. flat barbell blows IMO and I dont even do decline. I think my lower chest gets a better workout from dips and pullovers. Try incline barbell, flat dumbell, incline flyes, dips and pullovers for a chest workout. Ive tried everything and that seems to work best, for me anyways.

Impossible to isolate lower chest from upper chest. The pec, like all muscle, contract in an all or nothing principle. Incline is fine, but only at 30%, any more and its goin to anteior delt. Decline simple is pointless. Lower chest isnt being worked. Most people think its pect minor, but thats is completely wrong as well. Stick to flat or incline.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I do it all, flat,incline & decline. The reason I do declines is there is a shorter range of movement which allows me to use more poundages than I could with the flat/incline.

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I do it all, flat,incline & decline. The reason I do declines is there is a shorter range of movement which allows me to use more poundages than I could with the flat/incline.
    Exactly the only reason why i go for decline is for heavier poundage. Other wise i mostly do flat and incline. Incline as a first excersise

Quote Originally Posted by lukeduke01
    different things work for different people. IMO inclines blow but i still do them, thursdays only. mondays are all for the heavy flats/dips/close grips. 500 pounds of flat bench is mine by the end of this year.

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    different things work for different people. IMO inclines blow but i still do them, thursdays only. mondays are all for the heavy flats/dips/close grips. 500 pounds of flat bench is mine by the end of this year.
    Yeah, you have to find what works for YOU, so try everything, then make a decision on what works.

Thread Information