Thread: Pre-workout nap

se11 is offline Associate Member

Pre-workout nap

Is this okay like 20 mins before workout?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    no, not okay you will die

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    no, not okay you will die

i have inadvertantley napped before working out, i feel groggy at the gym when that happens. Thats just me, if it works for you hey......

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250

i have inadvertantley napped before working out, i feel groggy at the gym when that happens. Thats just me, if it works for you hey......
    same with me, if i take a nap, i find that i have to go around the house and do something to kind of wake me up, or i have to metally pysche myself up, which i don't really normally have to do, usually i'm ready to lift

naps will do nothing except hinder your workouts, count on it.you wanna be alert and awake all day, if your having trouble getting energy before the gym, take in some form of caffeine and some music that gets u ready to go. about 100% of the time when i take a 20 min or 30 min nap in the day time, i wake up feeling double as tired as i did before i took the nap.

Swellin Guest
    I have had great success with a 20 minute nap prior to hitting the gym. I drink a shake...hit the hay, then get up and get my stuff together for the gym. I have a 30 minute drive to get there, so I am wide awake by then. It helps to blare some kind of blood boiling tunes on the way.

If you don't figure in adequate time for you to get it all together after your nap, it will be a problem.

If at all possible, I take a 2 hour nap three hours before going to the gym. That gives me an hour to get up and get lucid.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, ditto on that one Swellin.

~SC~

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'm with Swole and Swellin on this one, nothing beats a mid afternoon catnap.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Personally, naps right before just want to make me sleep more. if it works for you, then go for it. I prefer naps in the afternoon as well.

wannagrow is offline New Member
    About every second chest workout i sleep before hand. i work 12.5 hr shifts which go 3 days, then 3 nights then 6 days off. so on the day i change from days to nights i get home from work at 6:30pm watch some tv, have dinner and go to bed at bout 9 till 1:30 or 2am , get up and go to the gym, this is my chest day. i enjoy lifting at 3 am when noone else around. then coem home have a shake, watch tv and get to bed again at about 6am, sleep all day and then i'm on night shift at 5pm for the next three nights. in which case i lift at 4pm before work. I find that, the workout on shift change tends to be better than the ones on my week off, but every other workout (ie legs day and back day) are better on my week off. It could be the nap. speaking of which, its 8:30 and i'm off to bed ready for the big chest workout tonight.

Thread Information