TheStromba is offline Associate Member

Symmetry Problem

Ok here's the deal. Have been training on & off for about 20 years. Very seriously for about the last year. I have noticed that my left arm (both bi and tri) AND left Lat is lagging behind my right. How do I catch up my left side without sacrificing intensity for my right side? - I work each body part once a week.

I didn't think it was that bad until my 10 year old daughter noticed yesterday. Suggestions ?

potent is offline Junior Member
    same problem bro

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    It has to do something with the way you train those muscles. Or unless you do hard, heavy work exclusively with your right arm. You might grip a bar or have a certain range of motion that favors your right arm over your left. So my advice would be to make sure when you are hitting those last heavy reps, make sure you aren't "shifting" weight to your right to correct for the slight weakness on your left. Also, if you are doing AS, you might consider spot injections. Just some ideas.

MindBomb is offline Member
    It must be your form during workout. Try using dumbells as much as you can during workout. Each side, this way, has to work just as hard as the other.

latman49 is offline Member
    If your daughter hadn't seen the difference, I might have suggested that you suffer from a slight case of dysmorphia, you have a skewed view of your own body. When I look in the mirror, I think my right arm is at least 2 inches bigger than my left, but all of my measurements are symmetrical. It's a bitch of a problem.

My right arm is 1/2in smaller than my left. I am not on AS but am considering it (I'm 38 years old and a little paranoid about the health aspects) Would you consider adding a few extra sets for the left side on a different day?

The above should read "my left arm is 1/2in smaller"

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    lat man i agree w/ you, i got the bigarexia problem

mindbomb has a good solution use dumbells make sure that that left side does the same as the right, even if you gotta drop the weights on the right side to help the left finish the reps

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I agree, I used to have a similar problem, but only on the flat bench. I used to tend to "shift" the weight to my right side. Near the end of the set, i would pump all i had with the right side, and basically "hop" the left side up. Maybe the weights you are using are too heavy, and you've favored your right side more.

Like others said, the best thing to do is use dumbless to make sure you are using all the dif muscles.

When your doing the set, really concentrate on using both arms, make sure you really feel it. Don't just pump, pump, pump without focusing on what your doing. That's JMO, hope it helps.

mc_ake is offline Banned
    yeh my right arm is much bigger than my left, same wit' my pecs, will they go even after a while coz' i'm a beginner and i think it's from b-ball coz i'm right handed and never used to exercise so my right arm woz' hogging it all, should i try and make up the difference or wot? pm me.......

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem, when I do dumbell presses for shoulders my left arm always gives out before my right arm does. And my left arm is stronger than the right on dumbell curls, but my right bicep is bigger and more cut. And my right arm is stronger with tri's but the left tricep is bigger and thats the only one I feel when I work them. My problem might be a little different and kind of fucked up and wierd but its basically the same in size wise.

Thread Information