Quake is offline Member

Question New workout method (for me anyway)

Any of you heard of the "super slow" method of working out? Anyone tried it? What were your results? I've read about it recently and am going to give it a go. It's for six weeks.

Any feedback on this would be great!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    How slow are taking about? 2-3 seconds on the negative part of the lift is good.

Quake is offline Member
    It's suggested that a count of 10 on the positive and a count of 5 on the negative should be done for the workouts. Exercises and workout plans are given also with such exercises as negative chin ups and negative dips etc which are new to me so will be interesting to try out.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Definitely a good way to mix it up. I tried something like it for awhile, but more like 5 seconds positive 3 second negative. A workout partner said not to do it for too many workouts because it doesnt help increase strength (he could be wrong)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    He's right, doing that too much and you'll actually regress.

That is why most bench press programs have negatives every OTHER week.

~SC~

when i was powerlifting, a good wate to add strength was to do negatives, you ALWAYS explode on your positives bro, whether your working with chains/bands/pins/or just straight reppin it. try that **** out if it works for you then thats cool, but going slow on positives wont result in too much.

Quake is offline Member
    The course is only for 6 weeks. I've taken all my measurements as recommended, my pct comes to a complete stop in 5 days time, so I'm not sure if my measurements might not be a little smaller than they are now in 6 weeks time, I'll just have to wait and see. I hope it works cos then it's something I can use as more artillery in getting bigger.

Quake is offline Member
    Have done my first session of this new workout, and it is hard! Feels real good, like the muscles are getting worked really deeply. The squat was outrageous and I was at about 50% of my normal weight. The after workout aches are immense, can't wait to see what I feel like in the morning.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    it really depends on what you are training for

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried doing that with bench at one of my sticking points. Slow up and slow down with a pause not allowing it to touch my chest.
    It seems to be a temporary solution.
    Almost similar to the pyramid workout. light to heavy and then back down to light.
    At the end, once you go through the heaviest weights, going back down seems SO MUCH easier than when you first started.

Good for a change but not for permanent......

Thread Information