se11 is offline Associate Member

Going on vacation for 7 days with no gym.

I was thinking of bringing a set of dumbells that I can do some exercises with in the room like before bed or something. I am also going to be involved in alot of cardio and stuff too tho, but I still want to do some stuff at the hotel. any other suggestions?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    When went on vacation I stayed at different hotels in california. only one had a gym. I worked out at that gym when I could, but took the other days off. if you havent taken alot of time off recently, this will be a good time to take a break from teh gym for a few days, rejuvinate, and be ready to go hard when you get home.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    well I just missed 3.5 days due to an injury. on vacation im definatley not going to go as hard as I do at home, but I will do some good workouts.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Missing 7 days isn't going to kill you if you've been going hard. Might do you some good to take a minor break.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    I was thinking of bringing a set of dumbells that I can do some exercises with in the room like before bed or something. I am also going to be involved in alot of cardio and stuff too tho, but I still want to do some stuff at the hotel. any other suggestions?

There was a thread on this a while ago.

I travel a lot. If there is no gym in the area (which is common in Russia), here are some of the exercises I do:

-Dips using chairs. Dips with suitcase in lap.
    -Push ups/ Pushs up with feet on window sill/Push ups doing handstand against wall/close grip pushups off large phone book
    -suitcase curls
    -suitcase tri-extensions
    -One legged squats
    -Lunges holding suitcase to chest

sit-ups 'til you puke.

Think you get the idea.

You can get a good work out, just gotta set your mind to it.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Overtrain the **** out of your body the week prior to vacation. Your body will use the entire week to heal. You won't need to workout. Just kill yourself in the gym the week before.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Good idea ronny had. Or if you dont want to give up a week just yet, try and find a gym in the phone book.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    It could just be in your head. I think if you took the week off though, you'd come back ready to tear sh*t up. But if you really feel like you gotta hit the gym then def. do what AandF said and look one up.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    You can do much!!1. How about what Ronny said blast your body the few days before. Make sure you are really sore. The wk off is recovery. 2. Screw the db idea do crunches, push-ups both flat,incline/decline using chair,bed.3. Find a local gym. Personally I'v done all of them what determines is the type of vacation & location. Normally, it's best to find a local health club because I usually get motivated by the new surroundings and get a good work out to boot.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Overtrain the **** out of your body the week prior to vacation. Your body will use the entire week to heal. You won't need to workout. Just kill yourself in the gym the week before.
    Exactly right, research shows that high volume training requires more recovery time. Therefore, the week before you leave, do some massive high volume training and take the next week off. No worries~

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    lift homeless people (when they ask for change, tell them you will give them a dollar if they let you bench or curl them for 3 sets) or just take a week off. A set of stretch ropes might help too.

Thread Information