IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

sacrificing more weight for more sets?

This is my question. When you warm up to do 1-2 sets like d.c. you can obviously lift with 100% intenstity because you havnt already burned yourself out with other sets. But when pyramiding, my last set only is taken to failure, and because of the other 3 sets, my last set suffers. Had i done my last set first, i will have been able to get more reps.

so my question is this, when i am pyramiding, will i still get bigger and stronger even though my last set set suffers a little and i cant get as much reps as i could have.

lets say, i can do 255 on the bench for 9 reps my first set. But on my 4th set of a pryamid, i can only do 255 for 5-6 reps. i will keep at it for a couple of weeks, and eventually be able to do 255 for 9 on my last set. After that adaption, to you think my strength would have increased and now be able to do say 265-270 for 9 on my first set. Thanks in advance.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    If you're still gaining and getting stronger, don't worry about it. I don't pyramid personally, just the way my body it. You have to figure out what works best for your body.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    theres a reason for pyramiding. It will incorporate all the different muscell fibers. ie fast/slow. This is good... remember the body remembers so mix it up, yes you will get stronger

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    aight. thanks alot fot the clearup

Floydian is offline Banned
    good posting !

Thread Information