homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Deadlift question...

I'm coming back from having some pretty bad Carpal Tunnel...my grip isn't as strong as it was obviously.
    My question is, when doing deads now, my forearms receive an amazing pump and fatigue very fast...way before my back does.
    Should I avoid straps in order to build that grip/forearm strength back up??? Use straps somewhat, like during the Deadlifts...then take them off and train without them the rest of the workout?
    Any advice is welcome.
    Thanks bros.
    -HB

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Monitor you weight usage every week. What I mean is try to go up in weight without the straps every week or two. Go as high as you can without the straps even if it is 1 rep. However, you will need the straps to maximize your back routine.

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Try useing one over one under hand grip. Straps allow for some heavier weight like jbig eluded to but the negative is it may not build grip strength.You need to judge foryourself. My guess is use with & without..

radar1234 is offline Member
    do you want to get a huge back?do you want to do heavy weight at a low rep range?use wraps.your training your back not your forearms.try not to use them though for other back excersises.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Use them when your not training the forearms. Make sure you do some heavy forearm training once a week with 2-3 minutes rest. Then three days later, go light and high rep, with short rest intervals.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bros.
    I completed my Deadlift workout yesterday and my back is SORE today (good sore). I didn't use any straps either. I guess I'll keep training in this manner, using straps if I go for heavy singles, doubles or triples...but will train w/out the straps for all other exercises. Oh, and my 4arms are sore too! Can't remember the last time THAT happened! lol.
    Thanks again.
    -Bash

Floydian is offline Banned
    never use strap and buying a fat bar is great choice

KeyMastur is offline VET
    honestly i use straps to alleviate the tension from the arm muscles - forearms, biceps. i do everything with straps on back day to really focus on my back muscles.

Thread Information