tordon is offline New Member

Question abs worken out hard mimanal results

I workout good and hard but it is getting increasingly harder to give my abs the work out they need my abb workout keeps on getting longer ,upto 2.5 hours now every day, my reps are from1100 to 1500 ab reps per avg. workout (mostly varios crunches) i have 25 to 30 sets avg. workout with 20 to 60 lbs strapped to my chest. i make sure its burning good too. what really bothers me is that my abbs athough not bad are also far less apealing than alought of peoples i know that dont even workout, or very mimally of coarse. i have about 10% bodyfat am 5'10 and 160lbs. what can i do to improve my workout?. i have the push and drive but apperantly not the right idea.
    help

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Are you using weights when training your abbs?? What is your bf%??

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

Abs

You are doing 1000+ reps , are you serious ??

The abs, like any other muscle need to be stimulated with moderate-heavy
    weight and given sufficent recovery time. In order for your abs to grow, you must continue to overload them and find new ways to stimulate them.

I'd suggest trying to lower your bodyfat to around 8%, it will allow your abs to peek a lot more. Try different excersizes and keep progressing after each workout.

Ohh, and that other pesk word "genetics" plays a huge role with abs.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Of the 2.5 hours that you are working abs, take 1 hour of that and do cardio. That will help the most. Take the other hour and lay out a dietary plan. Spend the last 30 minutes hitting abs.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

my ab training is focused on

Quote Originally Posted by tordon
    I workout good and hard but it is getting increasingly harder to give my abs the work out they need my abb workout keeps on getting longer ,upto 2.5 hours now every day, my reps are from1100 to 1500 ab reps per avg. workout (mostly varios crunches) i have 25 to 30 sets avg. workout with 20 to 60 lbs strapped to my chest. i make sure its burning good too. what really bothers me is that my abbs athough not bad are also far less apealing than alought of peoples i know that dont even workout, or very mimally of coarse. i have about 10% bodyfat am 5'10 and 160lbs. what can i do to improve my workout?. i have the push and drive but apperantly not the right idea.
    help
    training with resistance and intensity.my reps never exceed more than 100 per/ exercise fora total of 3-4 exercises.if you are 5'10" 160 at 10% then i think you're issue is development. for that your need moderate to heavy resistance with rep ranges no more than 20-25 imo

GQSuperman is offline Banned

try again

2.5 hours for abs!!! that's a problem. most people here don't like to spend more than an hour in the gym when working two body parts. don't spend anymore than 30 minutes on your abs.

add more weight or vary teh excercises (doing cable crunches vs incline situps. ) get your diet in check and don't train everyday. give you abs a chance to grow.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Its very possible to work abs alot. Many reps as the rectus abdominis region gets oxygenated rapidy,so recovery is quick. Like Hugh h son said genectics here.

i wouldnt spend more than 10 minutes workin on my abs and it still looks great. its all in the cardio, not how much you work em out. all you need BTW is only 4 to 6 sets of LOW reps. i used to superset crunches with leg lifts and do like 15-20 reps only and that got em good.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    what does your cardio look like. Ive cut back on doing abs to about once a week and my abs look alot better as long as im doing cardio

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    If you go up and down 1500 times on your calves, do you really think you're gonna get big calves? Same applies to abs.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    abs should be worked pretty much like any other muscle group. stick with 15 reps max per set. make sure you're going hard or else they won't develop. cardio is necessary too if you have excess fat over them.

tordon is offline New Member

Wink

Mybad, sorry found gremlin in scale, weight is actully 155 now,
    low reps, high weight, is this the best way to cut them up though? got good sized abs, but they are like a big clump, mostly trying to cut them up right
    now, improve striations and such. cardio i ride 22miles once a week, this takes 2 hours avg although geting faster lately, all of the other days of the week i alternate daily between upper body cardio and lower body cardio, average of an hour/day. daily intake of 4 meals a day=1650 cal/day+500cal for post workout all at 40pro 30fat 30carbs. i just started working out again 4 months ago, because of a nearly fatal, temporary condition i aquired 10 months ago. durring that time because of medication side effects i balloned to 200lbs mostly fat. in the last five months i have lost a total of 40lbs well keeping most of my muscle. at the start i went low rep, low intensity and ever increased until now. i have been dieting for the last 4 months, but for the first few months of my diet i was on less calories more like 1100 to 1500. it was durring the first 2 that i lost most of my fat until i reached 169-175, it has been slower ever since, although still lossing weight, still got some problems. what im getting at is that one of my main trouble areas is a belt of fat around my waist. that just seems impossible to make losses from, could this be the dreaded E-fat? or is it simply genetics? now it dosn't want to leave anymore. i have read aboot(i'm canadian A!) creams that suppossedly release the E from the fat allowing it to be burned in a site speciffic way. have any of you tried it? does it really work?.

Thank you all for your time and input :spudnik6:
    Last edited by tordon; 08-14-2004 at 01:57 AM. Reason: add somthing

Thread Information