Thread: dc training

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

dc training

i've been training with the dc method for a about a month now using the 1on and 1off training split and my strength has gone up pretty good and have been recovering no problem from this split! now my question is, because i have no problem recovering it actually seems like im under training because im sore like crazy the next day so i know im breaking down the muscle very well and the next day i work that body part i come back even stronger so i know im not over training, can i up the frequency to say 2 on 1 off training split? and my second question, is one of the reasons for the every other day workouts because of the level of stress it places on the central nevous system so it would be to hard to have heavy workouts back to back without one suffering??

no one can answer this? where are ya sabourin?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I suspect you have not been training very long. If you are working the same bodyparts every other day then thats no good. You must give them time to recover. Recovery times vary depending on your overcondioning & diet. 2 on 1 off is better IMO. But 3 on 1 off is much better. You need to shock your CNS more 1 on ,1off is old school. Bottom line is trial & error takes time. Good luck

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    i've been training with the dc method for a about a month now using the 1on and 1off training split and my strength has gone up pretty good and have been recovering no problem from this split! now my question is, because i have no problem recovering it actually seems like im under training because im sore like crazy the next day so i know im breaking down the muscle very well and the next day i work that body part i come back even stronger so i know im not over training, can i up the frequency to say 2 on 1 off training split? and my second question, is one of the reasons for the every other day workouts because of the level of stress it places on the central nevous system so it would be to hard to have heavy workouts back to back without one suffering??
    Hey, if recovery is no problem, and gains continue to come, I would go to MON/TUES/THURS/FRI, so everything will get worked twice in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I suspect you have not been training very long. If you are working the same bodyparts every other day then thats no good. You must give them time to recover. Recovery times vary depending on your overcondioning & diet. 2 on 1 off is better IMO. But 3 on 1 off is much better. You need to shock your CNS more 1 on ,1off is old school. Bottom line is trial & error takes time. Good luck
    im not training each muscle everyother day im doing the dc method of training!

saboudian, do find it hard to work back last in your workouts or even on the same day as chest,shoulders,tri ? i find it kind of hard to go balls out after going balls out with r/p sets for chest,shoulders,tris... do you feel this way too?

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I LOVE DC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would through that out there. I have been doing it for about 2 months now and am loveing it. My only problem is that I find myself getting burnt out a lot more now then when I just lifted 5 on 2 off.

I have been on a hectic schedule with it but plan on really getting it in line this week with the mon/tues/thurs/fri routine you mentioned.

saboudian, do find it hard to work back last in your workouts or even on the same day as chest,shoulders,tri ? i find it kind of hard to go balls out after going balls out with r/p sets for chest,shoulders,tris... do you feel this way too?
    Happens to me sometimes (usually on fridays), but the back thickness exercise is only a straight set, so I just give it everything left that I got on that last set, and I would say usually after my PWO meal, I almost always need to take an hour knapp because its so taxing. And I'm only working out 3x per week.

If it is happening often then you could consider droppin the workouts to 3x per week, or ease up on the RP sets, either by dropping down to only one rest pause per exercise, or go to straight sets.

BTW anyone see the David Henry interview on bodybuilding.com?

I was surprised to find out he's training under dante now. I know he cruises chad's board, so after a while, it must have rubbed off on him. I am very surprised to see a pro try such a split, and put their faith/career/future into dante. I've always been exremely curious to see what a pro could do with dante's help, and David Henry is still pretty young, so I will be paying very close attention to him now, and the gains he makes year to year.

good stuff saboudian, i appreciate the advice and ill keep you guys posted on how this goes for me!

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    If you like you can break up your third workout during the week into two days, chest/shoulder/tri on Sat and Back on Sun. DC has us guys that lift heavier do that since the warm ups take so much time and heavy weights are taking their toll on the three day split...

Thread Information