mustang331 is offline Member

Is my cardio session ok??

I normally just ride my bike as cardio, I keep my HR about 70% the whole time, for about an hour a day...

But sometimes I will do cardio in the gym and do, 20min. on the eliptical, 20min. on the treadmill, 20min. on the stairs.. I always keep my HR atleast 70%... Does it matter what machine for the best results or is it just your HR??

Thanks

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    i like to jog, 70% as well. but many find that running tears down your leg muscle so they shrink up. it sounds good to me that you're varying your cardio workouts. an hour sounds good though.

xenithon is offline Member
    well most will say that the heart is the only muscle you should be monitoring for cardio (ie. anything which keeps the heart at 65-75% depending on goals). However I find that doing something like bike or fast-paced walking are ALL focusing on the legs. Is there any other cardio which won't burn only the legs? Two options I know are swimming (which I do but not that often cause you need a special memebership at the gym for that ) and rowing machine (which is a no no for me due to a should injury). What other forms are there to try? I thought of trying jump-rope as it hits the calves but not the quads so much.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    looks good. i like to change it up too otherwise i get real bored doing cardio.

Thread Information