Rest Between SUPERSets

Should a person get more or the same rest if doing a super set? For example I was doing Hammerstrength Incline and super setting it with Cable Crossovers...after completely the superset should I keep the rest to a minute or under like I always do or give myself more time? I find I don't perform as well with shorter rests on supersets...

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    definitely give yourself some more rest time. You wont be able to lift that much if your doing supersets and not resting enough in between.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Im going to have to respectively disagree with IMM. The whole purpose for supersets is NO rest beween the two exercises,its not to see how much weight one can lift.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Im going to have to respectively disagree with IMM. The whole purpose for supersets is NO rest beween the two exercises,its not to see how much weight one can lift.
    I think I'd like to second that. We do supersets for the point of getting winded as hell.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I think hes saying you do the two exercises as a super set and THEN do you rest for a minute as usual or take longer before completing the next pair of exercises. I personaly take two min between sets normaly, so I would prolly take 2-4 min break between supersets. I like to go into a set not breathing like I just ran a marathon.

yea what Soldier Of Misfortune said, thats exactly what I meant. thanks a lot bros

LM1332 Guest
    I agree the whole point of a superset less break is better after your supersets you should be dripping sweat and breathing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder

LM1332 Guest
    You know my breaks between sets are very small just enough to drop off my dbs and grab new once and it takes me like what 30 seconds. But then though after my 4sets i take a longer break. Walk off a bit drink water, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I think hes saying you do the two exercises as a super set and THEN do you rest for a minute as usual or take longer before completing the next pair of exercises. I personaly take two min between sets normaly, so I would prolly take 2-4 min break between supersets. I like to go into a set not breathing like I just ran a marathon.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea guys, rest AFTER the superset,triset or giants is complete that's normal.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune

thats waht i meant. obviously you dont rest in between the superset. you rest AFTER its completed

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    You can't just count minutes. Go by your heartrate. Between heavy sets or supersets my heartrate skyrockets. I find that anything under 100bpm indicates that I'm ready for the next set.

Thread Information