angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

home gym opinion

i'm about to purchase a home gym, and wanted some input first. its a proform c900, its has a 150lb max for the leg station, and a 310lb max for the barbell, and a 150lb max for the cable system. i figure thats ok for cables cause when i'm looking for more weight i do weighted pull-ups. i know i can get away with 400 on the barbell which is fine for me, and 150 for leg curls is ok, i'm not exactly ronnie coleman. but anyway, any input, anybody have one, ideas?
    heres the link:
    proform c900

thanks bros, i'm buying it tomorrow if all is well. i figure for $300 i can't get much better right?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a ton of stuff in my home gym.. THe only problem is getting a spot and finding motivation in your home

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    just got a whole set up downstairs for home gym...it's awesome i love it....are you going to be using this tho permanately or will you still have your gym membership??

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I think there is no replacement for a real gym, but working out at home is better than not lifting at all.

wel..

i still have a gym membership as my family owns 2 local health clubs, but i need something in my home that i can use because of my work schedule. sometimes i can't get in the gym for a week or two, and my bowflex eats ass for strapping on muscle, so i thought this would be great for the price. the only concern i have is the 310lb limit on the barbell. here is another link, which would you all prefer, this one has the same weight limits, but i'd use my own olympic barbell with weights, so the limit would obviously be nothign i could reach! also keep in mind i want to hit muscle failure, so i need some sort of safety catch if i dont complete the last rep!
    Golds gym home system

i think this would give me more freedom to do what i want as it is not a smith machine, i could also use more weight on the barbell, but safety is my concern, cause as i said, i love muscle failure!

i dont think it's a good REPLACEMENT either but there are certain days now that i can get a sufficient workout at my house w/o having to go to the gym straight from work....chest day is a good example..i have Everything i need here and i also have two little brothers who live right across the street and for 5$ i can get them to spot me all day haha..anyway i'm happy w/ it...also i recommend anybody that can afford it a treadmill kicks ass i bought a pretty good one for 400$ a little over a month ago...i'm going to upgrade next month tho..i had no idea how much i would use it once it became available 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by cokdiesl
    i dont think it's a good REPLACEMENT either but there are certain days now that i can get a sufficient workout at my house w/o having to go to the gym straight from work....chest day is a good example..i have Everything i need here and i also have two little brothers who live right across the street and for 5$ i can get them to spot me all day haha..anyway i'm happy w/ it...also i recommend anybody that can afford it a treadmill kicks ass i bought a pretty good one for 400$ a little over a month ago...i'm going to upgrade next month tho..i had no idea how much i would use it once it became available 24/7
    i'm with you there, i bought a treadmill about a year ago for a good chunk of cash, and i love it. now i'm just trying to expand my home gym. those machines could take care of chest and tricps, and leg and back biceps for me. i also would have a pull up bar for back day, and i have dumbells for all other various exercises. i think between one of those home gym setups, and my dumbells i would cover my whole body! i have more than enough weight for the barbell, so thats no prob... any ideas? anything else you bros think i should add? i have dumbells from 25lbs to 105lbs, a calf raise machine, and a roman chair for abs. i think one of those would complete what i need!

i say the second one is 100x's better you could squat off that too...also like you said the only limitations in weight are your limitations if you could get someone to spot you when needed this wouldnt even be a choice for me...i like the 2nd much better...that one is only 300$ too?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    its so much better to go to a gym because of the hottie girls!

yes i agree the second one is much better, but like i said i wont have a spotter, i'll be all on my own, thats why safety is a concern for me! i could squat on the first one too!!! its a smith machine, why couldn't i squat with it? i bet i could strap on 450 without a prob(310lb limit),,,, u think?

Thread Information