loki0341 is offline New Member

Exclamation newbie needs adjustment

I am newbie to this forum and have found many interesting things. I was hoping to get some good advice. I am looking to increase my mass but lose my b.f. percentage. I am at a 22.5%, weight 218, height 5'10''. I have been working out seriously for about 5 months. I took off about 6 months when I got out of the marine corp before that I ran 5 times a week and had no problem working out, But I dont want to have to do all that running again to lose the body fat,becaus I lost muscle as well. I only work one muscle group a day but they are heavy and very strict movements. Also I run for twenty minutes before every workout, I have tried not to but found it harder to get warmed up. This is me now... and this is what i want

[CENTER]My Workout:
    day1 shoulders rep\set---- day4 legs (no run)
    shoulder press 8-10\4 ---- squat 10-12/4
    lat raises 8-10\4 ---- hack 10-12/4
    side cable raise 8-10\4 ---- curl 10-12/4
    shrugs 10-12\4 ---- press 10-12/4
    upright row 8-10/4 -----
    d2 Biceps ---
    Preacher dumbell 8-10\4---
    Prcher straightbar 8-10\4 --- day 5 back
    Cable rope hammer 8-10\4 --- Iso cable row 8-10/4
    Blaster reverse 10-12\4 --- close grip row 8-10/4
    blaster normal 10-12\4 --- wide grip pullup max\4
    d3 chest --- narrow pullup max\4
    Flat dumbell 8-10\4 --- day 6 tri
    Incline dumbell 8-10\4 --- skull crushers 8-10/4
    Decline Bar 8-10\4 -- rope pulldown 8-10/4
    peck deck 10-12\4 -- iso pulldown 8-10/4
    [/CENT overhead exten. 8-10/4

burn away,
    loki
    Last edited by loki0341; 08-15-2004 at 10:57 AM.

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    a couple things i noticed right off the bat...it's going to be very hjard to try to put on any size and to cut bf% at the same time...at 22.5% cutting bf% would be my main goal...you're right not to run..i would walk on a treadmill at a brisk walking speed, set on an incline and just walk 45mins to an hour 5-6 times a week...and is that your weekly workout schedule??? if so it needs ALOT of adjustment...search these forumns for routines and find one that you like...also since you are trying to lose BF i would throw in alot of super-sets w/ short resting periods...don't evrtrain be patient try a two on one off approach..also search the diet forums those guys know what they are talking about...ask questions and read the "cutting primer" up top

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I think your rep range is too high. If I were you I'd make the last 2 sets for 6 and 4 reps. I also think you are doing too many sets/exercises especially if you increase the weight and lower the reps. Are you juicing? Even if you are I find I make better gains doing less sets.

As far as losing bodyfat you should limit the amount of fat you take in, not eat late at night, and suppliment with protein.

loki0341 is offline New Member
    I have viewed the diets and have only gone two weeks,"the unofficial cut diet". I wanted to wait a month to see where I am at. No juice, much more gains before I need the sauce. Only using whey for now with coffee and some dieuretics(?).

And powrlftr, Should i combine two muscle groups Because I just dont feel like I am getting enough

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    im not sure, are you not doing legs and back or you just want what you posted reviewed and analyzed?

Thread Information