MaxRock is offline New Member

What do you guys think??

Was put on to this by a buddy of mine said its great for putting on mass,just wanted a few thoughts??
    # times a week Mon,Wed,Fri
    1 set x 20 rep squats (parallel)taking weight you can do for 10 and pushing out 20 deep breathing squats
    2. 1 set x 20 rep dumbell pull-over (no heavier than 20 lbs - the idea
    here to to stretch the rib cage immediately after the high intensity squat
    set).
    3. Bench press 2 sets x 12 reps
    4. Bent rows (barbell) 2 sets x 12 rep

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRock
    Was put on to this by a buddy of mine said its great for putting on mass,just wanted a few thoughts??
    # times a week Mon,Wed,Fri
    1 set x 20 rep squats (parallel)taking weight you can do for 10 and pushing out 20 deep breathing squats
    2. 1 set x 20 rep dumbell pull-over (no heavier than 20 lbs - the idea
    here to to stretch the rib cage immediately after the high intensity squat
    set).
    3. Bench press 2 sets x 12 reps
    4. Bent rows (barbell) 2 sets x 12 rep

Is that all your doing, and are you doing that exact workout M, W, and F? If so, I like the squats, bench, and rows for mass, but I would add more sets and lower the reps. Maybe 3-4 sets of each including a set of 20, and then 2 or 3 sets of 6-10 reps. Also, you're completely negelecting bi's, tri's, and shoulders. You gotta hit everything. If you can only make it to the gym 3 days a week, then try something like this: M-chest/tri's, W-back/bi's F-shoulders/legs. And if its mass you want, make sure to hit flat bench, squats, deadlifts, and shoulder press real hard.

MaxRock is offline New Member
    Thanks

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    Is that all your doing, and are you doing that exact workout M, W, and F? If so, I like the squats, bench, and rows for mass, but I would add more sets and lower the reps. Maybe 3-4 sets of each including a set of 20, and then 2 or 3 sets of 6-10 reps. Also, you're completely negelecting bi's, tri's, and shoulders. You gotta hit everything. If you can only make it to the gym 3 days a week, then try something like this: M-chest/tri's, W-back/bi's F-shoulders/legs. And if its mass you want, make sure to hit flat bench, squats, deadlifts, and shoulder press real hard.
    Bump.

Over all I think its a poor idea. Maybe for strength, but I dont like it at all.

Sounds like a gymic you get out of a comic book.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I dont like it. Like poppa pump said you need to do all muscle groups. No point in having a good chest, legs and back but bis tris and shoulders are lagging.

Thread Information