Honest Abe is offline Associate Member

back injury need help in recovery

i hurt my back again lifting wights, this is probably the 4 time, and i'm only 25 yrs old. its a weak spot i have in my spine from a sport injury i had when i was younger. when i do hurt my back it puts me out of the gym for a coulpe weeks. i'm going back to the gym today for the first time in 2 weeks.

my question is what exercises should i do to strengthen that part of my back so this doesn't happen again?

it always goes out in the same place, upper back between my shoulderblades just below my traps. its the left side of my spine.

any suggestions?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you seen a good chiropractor yet? They can do wonders if they know what their doing. Sounds like a rotator cuff. They have exercises for that lying on a flat bench sideways. Use a light db elbow tucked in close to body ,rotate forearm up & down. Just do lighter weights paying strict attention to proper form. If the exercise cause abnormal pain stop, & change the exercise.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    ive never heard of upper back, usually i through out my lower back, but try light weight or hot compresses

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Abe
    i hurt my back again lifting wights, this is probably the 4 time, and i'm only 25 yrs old. its a weak spot i have in my spine from a sport injury i had when i was younger. when i do hurt my back it puts me out of the gym for a coulpe weeks. i'm going back to the gym today for the first time in 2 weeks.

my question is what exercises should i do to strengthen that part of my back so this doesn't happen again?

it always goes out in the same place, upper back between my shoulderblades just below my traps. its the left side of my spine.

any suggestions?
    have you gone to a doctor to get this checked out? i have a back injury (lower back though) and i thought it would eventually go away. the best thing you can do is go see a doc

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member
    i've been to a doc and he didn't do shyt for me. he gave me vicotin and muscle relaxers and told me to ice it. i mean even after i told him i've done this 4 times in the past, it didn't make a diff. i thought he should have giving me an mri or something to make sure i didn'e tear a disc or have other complications. he didn't even x-ray me. i've also been to the chiropractor alot and he does help but when you have to go 2-3 times a week to get fixed after an injury it gets expensive.

bluecuff,

its not a rotator cuff its my upper spine. between shoulderblades.

i have a hard time targeting that part of my back anyways, its probably a weak point as far as muscular developement goes, anyone got some exersizes i can do to hit that spot????

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    SOunds to me like you need an x-ray, or more importantly an MRI. that will show if you have a serious problem. pain killers and muscle relaxants are only a temporary fix.

Thread Information