singern is offline Banned

Stretching after each exercise.

Ive heard allot lately regarding stretching, some say to stretch after each set to increase blood flow to the muscle, this is also supposed to increase the pump. My question is, does anyone know of a web site that shows how to stretch for each different body part or exercise.
    Thanks.

Anyone????

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont stretch after each exercise. I usually do a general 5 min stretch before I work out, and then I stretch later that evening at home for like an hour while I watch tv. Wish I could help.

Max

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Check out this website...Help any??

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,OLY-BK268P-3.html

-Max

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Stretching would help get the muscles a better workout, especially before. Flexing beween sets will force more blood into them too. Which speciffic muscles do you have questions on how to stretch them, I know how to stretch prolly everything.

statuZ is offline Banned
    you are actaully weaker if you stretch before, stretch after you workout!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Stretching would help get the muscles a better workout, especially before. Flexing beween sets will force more blood into them too. Which speciffic muscles do you have questions on how to stretch them, I know how to stretch prolly everything.
    I normaly do very basic stretching after a workout, what I am looking for is a chart of somekind which desribes stretching movements for the different bodyparts, IE: arms, shoulders, back, chest.........

Thanks

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I dunno how well these Army stretches are explained, I cant find my manual, but here goes.

Tris/lats/shoulders-- overhead arm pull: reach one arm behind your head and grip your elbow w/ the other hand. Pull to stretch the tri and lean towards the pull.

Shoulders--I forget what its called, but extend one arm across your chest and put the other hand on the elbow and pull towards the extension.

Chest-- put both hands behind your back and lock fingers. Bend at the waist to the front and extend arms so they are straight up and pull them up, this gets chest very stretched.
    --extend arm out and grab a power rack or the wall and turn body as far as it will turn, switch sides for the other arm.

Back-- extend arms in front and lock fingers palms out. Stretch your shoulders apart and hunch over at shoulders. Youll feel the stretch in upper and lower back.

Remember not to use jerky motions when stretching. Smooth motions and holding for 20 seconds for maximum effect.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    you are actaully weaker if you stretch before, stretch after you workout!
    what?! well you stick to that and make sure to post when you are forced to take a month off because of pulled or strained muscles.

Soldier- that is true about flexing after sets. Arnold talks about it in one of his videos.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Research has proven that force production can decrease by 5%-30%, due to stretching. I have not studied these articles in particular, but I would imagine that the type of stretching you guys are doing would not ellicit the decrease force production. It is probably more like PNF.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Well if you are looking for some good hardcore stretches do any of the ones in the Doggcrap training manual. It is floating around here somewhere. The stretches are great and I have really noticed that the pump is really really really intense afterwards. It stays almost my whole workout and is shapeing my muscles a lot better these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    Well if you are looking for some good hardcore stretches do any of the ones in the Doggcrap training manual. It is floating around here somewhere. The stretches are great and I have really noticed that the pump is really really really intense afterwards. It stays almost my whole workout and is shapeing my muscles a lot better these days.
    Thanks I heard about DC but never realy knew much about it, I found some good information and Im gonna give it a try.
    Thanks again

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Ya bro no prob! The thing with DC is that you have to be open to a radical new idea when you first read about it. Once you go over it though it makes perfect sense. Especially the stretching part which you seem to be most interested in.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Here is a good site with info on specific stretches. Its a teen site, but hey I stumbled upon it a while back and still good info either way

http://bodyteen.com/exfl.html
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information