kaybeekid is offline Junior Member

Question need help with my symmetry!

i have been working out seriously for a year now and i guess you can say i've matured (realised juice doesnt solve all problems)... i have no need to get any bigger but i would like to make my body symmetrical before i even think about hitting another cycle up... the left side of my body (mostly upper area) is off... not really off but enough to make me cringe when i do a double bicep pose in the mirror if you know what i mean... i am just wondering how i can train differently so that im working on my left portion of my body and not keep gaining on my right side? most of my muscles are in detail because im unfortunatly lean(i HATE my metabolism) but i can tell my left tricep when fully flexed it is i'd say 1/4 smaller than my right when fully flexed, that goes the same for my bicep. thanks bros, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a strength imbalance? If so, work on that first. If not, i assume that your right hand is your dominant hand and you perform daily tasks with it. Start using your left hand for all purposes. Opening doors, carrying backpacks, groceries, masterbation, etc.
    You only have been training for 1 year, time is also an answer!!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Do not overeact,it's normal for your dominant side to be bigger 1/4" is not bad IMO. But if you wish you could just concentrate on uni-type exercises..

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    yea im right handed yet my left arm is bigger with a much nicer peak than my left go figure. a lot to do with genetics as well

kaybeekid is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all the relpys guys... what is a uni-type exercise, is that like using one arm for a set then the other? i dont have a real strenght imbalance except for like the last rep for last set for the exercise, my left arm will give out first but it keeps up well besides that... yeah i know 1 year isnt a lot and time will be key but 1 year for me feels like 5 for me cause im definitly a gymrat

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybeekid
    thanks for all the relpys guys... what is a uni-type exercise, is that like using one arm for a set then the other?
    You got it. Concintration curls, hammers, DB tri extend, etc.

Thread Information