onefm is offline Associate Member

excersises that isolate the horshoe tricep??

I would like to get more of a horshoe look on my tri's. Any excersises you guys can recommend that put more stress on the horeshoe area than the lower tricep?

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Unfortunately I've found that this is one of those muscle groups that is more about genetics than anything. However if you'd like to put more stress on the upper triceps, then you'll want to focus on the first half of a tricep movement. Thus if you're doing cable pressdowns, bring your hands all the way up, and then down only until your forearms are parallel to the ground, and not all the way down until your arms are pointing down. You dig? If you're doing skull crushers, bring the bar all the way down to your head, then only half way up such that your forearms are parallel to the ground, then back down again. Doing these half repetitions will allow you to put on a bit more weight and put emphasis on the upper part of your muscle.

Montgomery

Fletch3138 is offline Associate Member
    Skull crushers, DB extensions, but there are alot of different lifts to help them grow. I'm sure this question has been asked before, check past post.

onefm is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    Unfortunately I've found that this is one of those muscle groups that is more about genetics than anything. However if you'd like to put more stress on the upper triceps, then you'll want to focus on the first half of a tricep movement. Thus if you're doing cable pressdowns, bring your hands all the way up, and then down only until your forearms are parallel to the ground, and not all the way down until your arms are pointing down. You dig? If you're doing skull crushers, bring the bar all the way down to your head, then only half way up such that your forearms are parallel to the ground, then back down again. Doing these half repetitions will allow you to put on a bit more weight and put emphasis on the upper part of your muscle.

Montgomery

mmm.. Yea.. I had a feeling it my have some to do with genetics and the way the frame/muscles are structured.

I just got back from the gym. I tried a new set slightly bentover extending my arms back with some dumbells. I did feel more stress on the horshoe area. Im gonna incorporate that to my routine see how that helps.

Ill try and search some more on this site

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    try and get shit stronger in close grip benchpress and reverse grip bench press and finish em off with skull crushers

and be sure to to eat lots and lots of wholefood protein

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    but to grow the tris, your probably going to need to grow your shoulders, to grow them, you are proabably going to need to grow your chest, to grow chest, you are proabably going to need to grow back and legs.

so in the end, it all comes back to squats, deadlifts, and food

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    but to grow the tris, your probably going to need to grow your shoulders, to grow them, you are proabably going to need to grow your chest, to grow chest, you are proabably going to need to grow back and legs.

so in the end, it all comes back to squats, deadlifts, and food

fack yea that is the truth right there

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    fack yea that is the truth right there

sure, if you're trying to gain large amounts of mass, especially beyond natural potential. But to add definition to a muscle has little to nothing to do with balancing opposing muscle groups, etc.

Montgomery

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    i mentioned this earlier,i found that dumbell pullovers(similar to french press)thickened my tricep right out,they work the inner and long heads of the tricep,what makes them even better is the range of movement.i gave the horse shoe look you were talking about,this was b4 i touched gear.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    My triceps have issues as well, but im convinced its genetics

doby48 is offline Female Member
    If it is genetics then I'm blessed there cause I have no issues with my Tris. What I'm currnetly doing anyways is I work chest/tris on MON. I do slight variations every few weeks but my baseline routine is something like the following:

CHEST
    Widegrip Bench - Superset Pushups
    Dumbbell decline fly
    Cable Crossovers

TRICEPS
    Incline Close Grip Bench
    Dips
    Pully Pushdowns
    Reverse Single Arm Pulldowns
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)