HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

dc training question

i've pretty much maxed out my exercises in the neighboor of the 8 rep range, now instead of changing the exercises what im thinking about doing is keep them but lowering the reps down to abuot 3-4 without rest/pause sets for added strength gain then once ive maxed out this rep range go back to the 8 rep range with rest/pause sets! is this a good idea or no?

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    i've pretty much maxed out my exercises in the neighboor of the 8 rep range, now instead of changing the exercises what im thinking about doing is keep them but lowering the reps down to abuot 3-4 without rest/pause sets for added strength gain then once ive maxed out this rep range go back to the 8 rep range with rest/pause sets! is this a good idea or no?
    I am at a loss here, when you were doing RP worksets you were getting 8 reps total?.

The program is set up to have 3 exercises per muscle group and you rotate them, so when you do top out or stagnate with a certain weight or rep scheme 2 times in a row you drop that exercise and pick up a new one...

no sorry im getting like 12 reps in total out of the 3 rest/pause sets! yes i know this but when you think about there's not many exercise that can measure up to bench,deadlifts,squats,etc you dont think that by doing this it wont work?

no sorry im getting like 12 reps in total out of the 3 rest/pause sets! yes i know this but when you think about there's not many exercise that can measure up to bench,deadlifts,squats,etc you dont think that by doing this it wont work?
    I am not saying that it would not work I have never tried it, but this program the way its laid out I have never been this strong in my life.

I really think if you were to RP so low of reps you are asking for injury and overtraining very fast, just my thoughts...

i wont be using r/p sets when doing this!

is the reason y on this program you alternate with three different exercises per body part for variation or/and is there any other reasons behind this?

is the reason y on this program you alternate with three different exercises per body part for variation or/and is there any other reasons behind this?
    The main idea is that when you rotate 3 exercises you will not come back to that same exercise for 12 days or so and you will do more reps or add more weight every single time you rotate back to it.

You train each muscle group 2 times in 8 days, and no way will you be able to recoup from that particular exercise if you had to do it 2 times every 8 days with the intensity that is used in this program, you would most likely top out or stagnate in a very short time. Picking 3 different exercises you can keep some of the same ones for a year and some may only last 6 months or less.

Remember if you do the same rep scheme or weight two times in a row when you rotate to that particular exercise, you must drop it and pick up a new one...

MrDezel is offline Banned
    The thing I like most about DC is the reasoning behind it all and if you follow the "rules" to it you cant mess up. The way in which you pick 3 exercises helps you hit it from diffrent angles in the rotation but always at a max amount of weight basically.

Thread Information