LAREDNECK is offline New Member

Severe pain in the forearms

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

When I do curls and any other exercise for my biceps, I have been getting reall sharp pains in both my forearms. The pain is located directly in line with each pinky finger between the elbow and the wrist. It hurts after my workout really bad and the next day both forearms will be so sore that I can't stand for anything to touch them.

I was curious if anyone else ever had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it? I feel like it may be something I am doing wrong in my exercise routine. On bicep day I do barbell curls, preacher curls, spider curls, seated hammer curls, standing dumbell curls, and 2 sets of 21's.

Any suggestions?

Peace,
    LA

nj123 is offline Member
    i got pains in my forearms when doing those too. Also when i do dead lifts and have to hold all the weight, when i put the bar down theres a pretty bad pain in the bone in my forearm.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I've had this problem for about a month now. It's finally just starting to heal. Very frustrating none the less. Whatever you do don't work through it you'll make it much worse. You need to give it rest, ice and an anitflamatory to help it heal. Do a search on 'forearm pain.' You'll find lots of information to help you.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have had that problem as well. I think it is a common thing really. For me straight bar was the worst and it hurt the most when I let go of the bar. Its something you have to work through. Babying it doesnt help it any. You could lay off wait for it to heal and then when you go to do the heavy weight again it will only come back. Work through the pain for a few months and it will go away. Since then I have increased my weight on curls alot and my forearms havnt hurt since.

I think for me it was kinda like shin splints. Where the underbelly wanted to pull away from the bone.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Yes but I think when it gets so bad that you really can't work through it you need to lay off bis for a week or two. I had been working through it for a few months then one day I did my first set of preacher curls and just about cried. Thats when you know you gotta lay off.

LAREDNECK is offline New Member

Thanks bros

Thanks for the replies. Its kinda of hard not working through it especially when you are into the 2 week of your second cycle. I can't hardly see not working the guns when all those little helper bees are busy doing their thing.

I think I will try some wrist wraps for a while and see if that helps any. I asked my workout partner about it and he says he went through it and they eventually went away. I am hoping they do because I am tired of eating ibuprophen and tylenol. I might take some celebrex I have and see if that helps some too.

Again, thanks for the replies and btw, glad to be here on the forum. You know how us folks from Arkansas are. Hell we just got electricity and quit marrying our cousins. We need all the up to date info that's out there. ( Just kiddin about the electricity part)

Peace,
    LA

bigordie is offline Member
    i had the same problem and tried to work through it....it started out it would just hurt when doing strait bar curls then within a month i realized i couldnt even spot my partner while he was benching without cringing with pain. Bottom line is after a two week break(which i really did not want to do but am thankful i did) some heat, ice, and anti inflamatories i have had no problems since. nock on wood...

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem, although it does not seem as severe as what you are getting.

barbell curls, preacher curls, spider curls, seated hammer curls, standing dumbell curls, and 2 sets of 21's!

Wow..6 excercises excluding back work. So that would be a minimum of...18(+) sets.

When during your workout does this bother you? Near the end of bi's?

Personally I would drop some of those, (preacher curls, and 21's at the least) even in the case that you are on aas.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    Had this problem. What I did to fix it; I couldn't do barbell curls for about a month. Mabye once or twice I was able to get 3 sets in but that was it. I went harder with dumbells instead and it worked fine for me. Now I can actually do barbell curls the way I was before this happened. Just lay off whatever hurts you for a while then see what hapepens

MrDezel is offline Banned
    forearm splints it sounds like...

Only thing I can suggest that hasn't already been said is to possibly find a guerrilla bar at the gym (really thick bar) to do your curls with, or if you have lifting straps wrap the bar a few times with them so your grip isnt as small.

That worked for me but I never really would get them that bad.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Same exact here. I was doing HEAVY (well 75% of my bodyweight) barbell curls for a while and I got those forearm splints. And like said above it hurt most when letting go after clenching, and it got to the point where it hurt to spot. Well I cut back on the intensity and they went a way eventually, but it took a while.

ScottyDog is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for the necropost, but I just started having a similar problem.

Normally, I get a similar pain as described above, but only after I do preacher curls. Usually, the pain is gone by the next morning after workout. My last workout, I went heavy. I've been in serious pain for almost a week now. The weird thing is that my forearms don't hurt when lifting weight, only when the weight is removed. IE, I can pick up a gallon of milk fine, but once I put it down and the weight is off my forearm, serious pain! Is this the same forearms splints that everyone is talking about?

Thread Information