KingKong79 is offline New Member

How to grow your neck

I was wondering which exercises are good having a strong neck.
    Sometimes people tell me I have a great body except my neck is slim.
    I am trying to focus more on my neck but maybe someone out there knows the right workout for it.

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKong79
    I was wondering which exercises are good having a strong neck.
    Sometimes people tell me I have a great body except my neck is slim.
    I am trying to focus more on my neck but maybe someone out there knows the right workout for it.
    You could get a harness, or (never done this) lay at the end of your bed and do some neck curls...i might have to try that, I have a similar problem, slim neck.

Also DL's, Shrugs, hang cleans will help build up the traps, which will make your neck look bigger.

KingKong79 is offline New Member
    Thanks bro

MrDezel is offline Banned
    The good old quarter plate wraed in a towel worked for me when I would do neck curls. I would superset them with barbell shrugs and it worked great. The pump was un-freakin-believable!!!!

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Have you done a cycle? i dont mean to advocate steroids but when I was on my uncle said my neck got huge, and i didnt do a **** thing. Ive seen neck machines before, but they usually arent as common. at least where I'm from

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Do neck bridges front and back! I started wrestling when I was in 3rd grade or so and I had the thickest neck next to fat kid that ate glue in my class!
    I'm not the biggest guy by any stretch I'm 5-9/8 180-183lbs with a 17 to 17.25 in neck ( I was measured 2 months ago getting a suit and I hadn't lifted or anything in 3 months!)

Also, if you do shrugs with bb's that seems to widen the back of your neck as well. So, definately do neck bridges start by using your hands to support and graduate to no hands spinning to front and back etc. You'll strengthen the **** out of your neck. I never needed a harness and I've had one since 5th grade.

SID

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    I was a wrestler as well, but My neck never seemed to get bigger from bridges, but I would still give it a try.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I prefer to do neck rotations clockwise and counterclockwise. If you have ever seen a Navy Seal Buds video you'll know what I am talking about. Lay on your back, keeping your shoulders on the floor. Raise your head so that your chin touches your chest. Next, rotate your head to the right and touch your ear to your shoulder. Next, let your head go back so that it almost, but doesnt, touch the floor. Finaly, touch your left ear to left shoulder. Repeat.

Then do counterclockwise.

These work great, have built my neck nicely, and wont cause any strain or debilitating injuries like bridges or harnessing.

The best part is, as your neck gets pumped, and bigger over the weeks, the reps get harder, as it becomes more difficult to touch your ear to shoulder.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Shrugs real heavy... im talking 130 lb dbells in each hand or 400-500 lbs on the bar have built my neck up nicely.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Umm put a plate on your forehead and press it like a neck curl.

Thread Information