seriouslifter is offline Member

what made your arms grow?

I would think while on juice, all your body parts would grow faster/bigger if you train harder and heavy. Why are my biceps just not growing for so long. There at 16", well right arm 16.5 and left 16". I think I need to train my biceps more than once a week. What are the best excerises that made your arms really grow and notice changes and for how long? I am starting to do one arm dumbell preacher curls, regular bicep curls and concentration curls.

Todd Scott is offline Junior Member
    Triceps really add the inches to the tape

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Heavy back exercises are good for the ole bi's. I use Bi workouts primarily for shaping type exercises, with maybe one heavy mass type lift.

PS, your in the wrong forum...

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    I would think while on juice, all your body parts would grow faster/bigger if you train harder and heavy. Why are my biceps just not growing for so long. There at 16", well right arm 16.5 and left 16". I think I need to train my biceps more than once a week. What are the best excerises that made your arms really grow and notice changes and for how long? I am starting to do one arm dumbell preacher curls, regular bicep curls and concentration curls.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    no matter what you do u have to use good form.. i see guys in my gym who straight bar curl more than me but have smaller arms all because they cheat hardcore when they lift. I saw one guy go up on his toes then rock his body back to curl it up. It's people like that i really want to say something to however they are older and more then likley don;t want to hear from a younger person how to lift. like someone else said train the tris equally and your arms should explode.

dumblucky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    no matter what you do u have to use good form.. i see guys in my gym who straight bar curl more than me but have smaller arms all because they cheat hardcore when they lift. I saw one guy go up on his toes then rock his body back to curl it up. It's people like that i really want to say something to however they are older and more then likley don;t want to hear from a younger person how to lift. like someone else said train the tris equally and your arms should explode.
    All gyms have these kind of guys ..they think htat the more weight they use the bigger they get ..

thunder20 is offline Associate Member
    try doing negatives

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    d-bol made mine big

NATTY is offline Associate Member

I bet it did

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    d-bol made mine big
    LMAO

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Up on his toes rocking back & forth lol. Yup not very good to say the least,unless you are advanced & using cheating principle. A few suggestions for bi's: 1. work both tri's & bi's same workout to get maximum blood flow. 2. Try supersets bi's with a compound exercise & isolation one or superset bi with antagonistic muscle like the tri or forearm brachs ,flexors. One fundamental is the full stretch along with the squezze & hold 1 second contraction phase. Also, work them twice a week being carefull not to overtrain but mostly they can fully recover being a smaller muscle.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 08-23-2004 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Pork Chop is offline Member
    I did this. You should get 1" pump.

Superset.

Bis:
    seated incline curls.
    preacher bench

Tris:
    skull crusher
    rope push downs

If you go full intensity you will grow. If you don't, you'll stay the same.

steggs is offline Associate Member
    i belive straight bar curls r no1 for size and hammers for width but as magicstick2003 said its all about form

the problem with these exersizes r that alot of guys develop bad tendons with these

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Like said above try supersetting.

The key exercises for pileing on mass are close grip bench, decline skulls, dips, standing barbell curls, and incline curls twisting at the top and bottom.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I heard supersetting bis is not beneficial. all your doing is tiring yourself out. if by supersetting you mean bis AND tris then i agree with that.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Want to make your arms grow? Work on your triceps they are 2/3 of the arm mass. Do weighted dips.

Want to add to your biceps? Do weighted pullups on the "horns" hitting your chest to your hands at the top.

Supersetting is a great way to beat them to a pulp and is very benificial.

I personally do heavy basics (dips with 100 lbs, pull ups with 45 lbs) most of the time and then do a few weeks of supersets (easy bar curls and skull crushers works well for me because the weights are compatible for both exercises and you don't have to mess around changing weights or equipment.)

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I think one thing that has really helped me is keeping constant tension on your arms.. When you are doin straight bar curls, keep constant tension on your arms, don't let them relax! haha maybe when people are rocking up on their toes they are tying to work calves? lol

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried gallons of synthol???? Works great for me!

Serious, TRI'S!!! are the biggest muscle in the arm they give you the size.
    STeggs's got it right - Bi's gotta do Straight bars and hammers for mass/width.

Make sure you're not using bad form or front delt in your curles... try bending slightly forward on standing curls to take the need to use your delts.
    Also, try this as well...ly fwd on an incline bench hanging arms backwards with chest on backrest. You can use either a curl bar or db's and it will limit your ability to cheat. I started doing these with 2 supers with 6 weights on dumbells and GD! hurts like a mother!
    Try mixing your workouts up as well every 3rd arm day make it a shocker day, and mix it up every 6 weeks or so.

Also, don't be afraid to lower the weight for better form! Anyone can rock weight back an forth, controlling the weight up and down you'll benefit a hell of alot more. Check you ego at the door and do it right bro!

SID

Latinohulk is offline New Member
    SQUAT. #1 anwser to bigger arms.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    I heard supersetting bis is not beneficial. all your doing is tiring yourself out. if by supersetting you mean bis AND tris then i agree with that.
    i disagree-it has also been said that moving more weight in a shorter period of time will make you grow.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

actually

food to be honest.most anabolic substance on earth.train hard and eat. no ones arms are doign **** no matter what exercise they do without proper food intake to promote growth

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    food to be honest.most anabolic substance on earth.train hard and eat. no ones arms are doign **** no matter what exercise they do without proper food intake to promote growth
    True dat

BUt the excersizes that made a difference for me and got my guns up to 18's on the tape measurer
    in order of importance
    1.squat
    2.b.b bench (basically all chest presses)
    3.b.b rows (all upper back movements)
    4.close grip bench
    5.skull crushers
    6.b.b. curl
    7.inlc curl, hammer curl, preacher curl

Thread Information