Thread: Farmers Walk

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member

Farmers Walk

I did them for the first time 3 days ago after deadlifts and they were great.. i only used 90 lb dums and walked like 40 feet back and forth 2 times.. it was unbelievable hard. I barely was able to carry the dums to the finish... but i am doing this at least once a week because by forearms traps and shoulders are so sore from it that my legs actually feel good

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    sounds good...ill try that

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not allowed to do them inside my gym. I could have blown the dang place up when they told me that. So now I spit on the floor. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I'm not allowed to do them inside my gym. I could have blown the dang place up when they told me that. So now I spit on the floor. Bastards.
    what reasoning did they give for not allowing you to do that?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    what reasoning did they give for not allowing you to do that?
    I'm assuming it is because the place is limited in floorspace, and a soon-to-collapse man with 150 in each hand presents a safety hazard of some sort.

Like I said, it's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I'm assuming it is because the place is limited in floorspace, and a soon-to-collapse man with 150 in each hand presents a safety hazard of some sort.

Like I said, it's BS.
    Yea the days of hardcore gyms are out... im going to try to make some weights out of cement and rebar so i can do the farmers walk in my back yard

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I finish my trap workouts with these....grab the heaviest db's I can get my hands on and start walking.......I'll pace back and forth until my arms give out.....then I'll throw on straps and do it two more times.....my training partner hates it when I say we're doing farmer walks.

my next trick is I've got a sand bag and I'll heft it up on my shoulders and walk as far as I can then turn around and walk back.....something I read in one of my books....sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I finish my trap workouts with these....grab the heaviest db's I can get my hands on and start walking.......I'll pace back and forth until my arms give out.....then I'll throw on straps and do it two more times.....my training partner hates it when I say we're doing farmer walks.

my next trick is I've got a sand bag and I'll heft it up on my shoulders and walk as far as I can then turn around and walk back.....something I read in one of my books....sounds like fun.
    i hope you do this at home, i dont think the gym would like it if you had a sandbag and it happened to break while you walk

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i hope you do this at home, i dont think the gym would like it if you had a sandbag and it happened to break while you walk
    Outside.........the trick is to walk as far as you can so the gym won't do the trick....not to mention the breaking sandbag thing you mentioned.

I work out in the company gym....we don't have rules.

the sandbag thing is a good idea i think im going to try that

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I love farmers walks. In an endurance period I do them between sets squats but I like to do them for 3 full rotations of about a 20-30 foot long (one way) space. I think turning around is an integral part of the exercise, sort of builds skill handling heavy weight while moving relatively quickly. Go with no straps, grip will always be the limiting factor in a farmer's walk. Grab the max dumbell you can hang on to.

i did them again tonight, they are unbelievable

Thread Information