pspcs83 is offline Junior Member

when to make transition from cutting to bulking?

I've been cutting since June. Seen some pretty decent improvements. I feel a heck of a lot healthier, even though I was in shape to begin with. I am down to approximately 7% BF [done by calipers] and still do not have the definition in my abs that I'm going for. My BF is fairly low. I'm 5'7" 145. I have been following a fairly strict cutting diet. I do morning cardio 5-6x a week for 40-45 min at 70% HR and lift 3x a week in the evening.

So here's my question. Would it be easier to attain more definition by bulking and getting bigger all over, and then cutting down at a later point?

what are your thoughts?

thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yes, if you have more muscle you can cut easier b/c the muscle burns calories. Ive also noticed when I gain muscle and BF stays about the same, I look more defined cuz the new muscle stretches the fat so its thinner... just my theory.

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    thanks. that's what i thought really. just wanted to hear it I think cutting from 7 to 5% BF would take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    at 145 pounds why would you want your bf% that low? bulk bro, then strip the fat off after, the muscle definition will improve by lots!

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    I would say bulk untill next summer.

Make sure your doing ab/oblique work during to build them up so they show when you cut. sounds like your abs are underdeveloped, b/c my abs are usually visible at 12% bf.

Thread Information