Lama2004 is offline New Member

Muscle asymetry problem..help

Hello everyone,

Over the past year, the whole left side of my body is weaker and smaller then my right side. I dont have a clue to what I'am doing wrong...I've been doing alot of uni-exercises (one arm/back/chest movements) and have made the left side of my entire body a little bit bigger. The problem is that I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM (sorry for caps). Im sick of doing all my exercises with less weight then I should be doing....if I were symetrically balanced. I'll give you and example for my arm measurement;my right arm is 15 inches and my left arm is 14 inches. Unfortunately, I don't know what else to do...this type of problem is really discourageing. Could someone give me tips on what type of exercises I should be focusing on or new routines? Please, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Quake is offline Member
    Maybe try doing this for a period of time, as you have done, but then go back to training normally at your full weights. I have this problem myself and have researched it a little and the consensus is that these problems even themselves out over time, the key is to just keep training, and your body will adjust. This problem is far more common than you would think! For me it is my legs, my left quad is far smaller than my right, to me it is annoying, but I just keep on training knowing now that things should even out in time.

Try running a search on this forum using the words "muscle symmetry" or words to that effect!

Lama2004 is offline New Member
    thanks guys for the info, Ill continue to pound my weak side as usual.

morfeuss is offline Junior Member
    talking about symettrt
    i already asked, but now its different

before i was in rest, so i could work left and right separately. but now i resumed my olympic wl, and doing squat, snatch, bla bla, still the left muscles are working more.
    well afterwards i feel that only 1 side has worked.
    do you think it may be related to a nerve or misplaced vertebral?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    It's fully normal for one side to be dominant or slightly bigger. But what you need to do is prioritize your training, meaning to hit that side with uni type exercises and harder. Heck you may also wish to not evan do any exercises on the bigger side. Skip everyother workout. It's getting indirect stimulation anyways from your compound movements.

Thread Information