Thread: omg im FAT

JohnJohn21 is offline New Member

omg im FAT

I use to work out alot and for the past year i havent...Well my mom and dad saw me without a shirt on today and they said i was fat and joking about it..(They werent being mean about it) So im determined to lose weight and cut up....Can someone give me some advice? Im 22 185lbs and about 5'7 feet tall...Im not all fat im pretty big cause i use to work out...Thanks

Do you work out now?

no i dont.....What should i do....any ideas on how i should work out?

Since you don;t currently work out, if you start eating right while lifting and doing cardio, you should be able to start shaping up relatively quickly. First and foremost you need to eat fewer calories than you are burning. To make it really simple I'd eat 4-5 meals daily, but make sure the meals are healthy (check out other threads for diet tips). After that I would start some sort of lifting/cardio routine. Do you know your way around the gym, or would you like me to give you a simple routine to get started?

I know the basics but i dont really know in what order to put them in.. for Example: what should i do first? chest, biceps, triceps, forearms, legs, shoulders, back..etc i dont really know which muscle groups to work out with together....So if ya could that would be great...thanks alot i really appreciate it.

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    There are a million ways to mix it up, but you might want to start out with something really basic like:
    M - Pull day (back, biceps)
    T - Cardio only
    W- Push day (chest, shoulders, triceps)
    Th- Cardio only
    F- Legs
    Sa- Cardio (or off if you don't want to go six days a week)

On your lifting days if you have the equipment to do so, do 45 minutes or so of cardio at about 65-70% or your heartrate max ((220-age)X.65) first thing in the morning before you eat.

Good luck. If you do something like the above, eat 5-6 times a day with good clean meals you should drop the bodyfat pretty quickly.

RedBaron
    Agree 100%, try that routine for a while..once you get more comfortable with your body and the gym, start mixing it up, but I think red baron's routine is perfect for you.

Spyder Guest
    i just wanna say that this is a great example of bro's helping eachother out instead of replying with "use the seach feature" .... thanks red baron and big poppa

Thumbs up

ok cool.....Thank you all for helping me with this......now i gotta go get started.... :-)

Spyder Guest
    just stick with it bro. that hardest part is the beginning when you barely ever see any results. but once you start seeing it, you'll just want more! you've done this before, so you know how it is.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Thumbs up

You guy's are awesome.

I am also just starting back soon (Sep 1st) and i have lifted before and already know the routine and my way around a gym. The only part i will have trouble with is my new schedule including school. I am thinking about getting up ealry and doing my cardio before work (8-5p) then get back to the gym after work and do my lifting on the days i do not have school.

I know i will feel so much beter once i start and especially like said above when i start seeing the result and feeling them. I love that feelingand i think it is awesome to know that if i have a problem i can come here with questions and you guy's will do your best to help.

Thread Information