bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Sandles in the gym...

I had my pass but that was it. My GF really wanted me to go to the gym with her at night Her house is almost an hour away and I wasnt prepared to go but I met her there anyway. All I had were sandles shorts and a shirt.
    Im not familiar with the layout of the gym and where all the equipment was. I didnt wanna look like a dork walking aimlessly in flip flops through the two story gym. I felt bad cause I really wanted to get a workout in but it was also really crowded and I felt kinda embarrassed.

Should I have just said fvck it and started throwing wieights around in sandles and board shorts??? My gym I wouldnt care cause I know where everything is at and I can walk right up like I know what i am doing. Her gym is like a maze and most of the machines were occupied.

Has anyone gone to the gym unprepared and not cared?? Flip flops, board shorts and a shirt????

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    No, sandles are gay.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Wow dude! The old multiple posts thing happens to the best of us but I think you've set a record!

enforcer1 is offline Banned
    Lifting weights is like getting a little sumthin sumthin...get it when and however you can. It is the fact you went out there and just did it. I commend you. I could care less if someone has a problem with what I am wearing. This is how a man should be.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    lol yea that was ALOT of posts yeesh lol.. trying to get a point through ha.. Man there's a guy in my gym.. strolls into the gym every evening.. wearing cargo shorts/tank top.. and leather sandles... he usually has a coffee in his hand to boot.. but he throws around 400 pounds on bench and is quite strong on everything else so it don't really matter what your wearing as long as your working out hard... unless its spandex..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Go delete your other posts, that's assinine.

~SC~

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I never have and never will wear sandles

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    delete posts bro. Never wear sandles that ignorant, if it was myself I would of quickly bought a new pair if possible. I am always prepared..

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Every so often I'll go in drag, but most of the time its just gym clothes.

Erase some of these repeat threads, and don't give me any of that glitch in the system crap, you whore.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I had my pass but that was it. My GF really wanted me to go to the gym with her at night Her house is almost an hour away and I wasnt prepared to go but I met her there anyway. All I had were sandles shorts and a shirt.
    Im not familiar with the layout of the gym and where all the equipment was. I didnt wanna look like a dork walking aimlessly in flip flops through the two story gym. I felt bad cause I really wanted to get a workout in but it was also really crowded and I felt kinda embarrassed.

Should I have just said fvck it and started throwing wieights around in sandles and board shorts??? My gym I wouldnt care cause I know where everything is at and I can walk right up like I know what i am doing. Her gym is like a maze and most of the machines were occupied.

Has anyone gone to the gym unprepared and not cared?? Flip flops, board shorts and a shirt????
    i do, mainly because i dont give a **** what other people think.. it helps

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I never wear sandals but in a situation like you mentioned I would just go to the gym to train an upper body muscle group and refrain from standing exercises. Maybe do arms and shoulders or something. It happens during beach season alot, my gym had to put up no sandals signs everywhere.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Id never goto the gym in sandals, there are so many idiots in the dumbbell section.

SteveeeO is offline Junior Member
    I only wear shoes on leg day, all the other days I wear sandals around... I don't see the big deal, there is no dress code to a gym, do what feels best for you.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    We have gym rules. No sandals! You will be ask to leave.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Its a big saftey concern.. there's actually laws up here in Canada that most establishments dont know about and if a work saftey comissioner was to pay a gym a visit and see ppl in sandals including the workers it would be big trouble.. and it looks dumb.. but again its not about what u wear.. but wouldnt make it a habit thats for sure

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

funny

i don't let anyone in my gym wear sandles to work out in , but i wear them from the first warm day until like october to train in. when the sandles go, the seasonal depression sets in and i knwo it's really getting cold.gay or not my adidas sandles do the trick for a good four months and i love them

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    All the gyms Ive ever been to say no sandles or open toed footwear. The deadlifting room at the rec center here at school says no jeans or cutoffs. Cuz they dont stretch or hurt yourself?? I dunno about the jeans one. I wouldnt wear sandles to the gym, shoes offer some protection from idiot dumbell shotputers.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

whats the difference

i personally don't wear sandals, but i don't see a problem with them (unless you're wearing them as a fashion statement...and it's pretty easy to pick out those guys). shoes don't provide any more protection from a dropped dumbell than sandals. all they shoe would do is hide the blood and gore. unless you're wearing steal toed boots, a weight dropped on your foot is going to do damage, regardless of what you're wearing on your feet.

If they were Birkenstocks then you'd be really cool.....LMAO

Who gives a sheeot what anyone thinks anyway? Train harder then any muther
    in the gym and screw em.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    i hate sandals persoanally if i was cock diesel out of my ripped i would of went and u surely no ant nobody ant gonna say **** if u the biggest mofo there if they do u use them as a punchin bag lil aerobic cardio workout goin

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbinkid
    i hate sandals persoanally if i was cock diesel out of my ripped i would of went and u surely no ant nobody ant gonna say **** if u the biggest mofo there if they do u use them as a punchin bag lil aerobic cardio workout goin

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    just throw some old old shoes and old shorts in ur trunk and forget about them until times like this. i do this because sometimes u just never know where u will end up or wake up if u know what i mean!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    English Class

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I always have an extra set of clothes in my truck except for that day. Cant be prepared for everything every second.
    Im almost certain 24 hour fitness doesnt allow sandles. I personally hate sandles but they are so conviniant when it comes to wearing shorts and such during the summer and need shoes to go into a place. Half the time I will walk with the sandles in my hand until I need to go inside a resturaunt.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    why do u care? it doesent really matter what kind of shoes u have on just work out and get huge.

birsling is offline Member
    Berm, I used to work out with a guy that would lift barefoot every day except leg day. I personally choose to wear the same pair of shoes (closed toe) when I lift because of the comfort and support they provide, but in this case; at least you went and worked out. As long as it isn't against that gym's rules, fuk it!

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich

bro there is nothign wrong with busting a few sandle only sessions. ive had my share of those and let me tell you it can get intense sometimes. best of luck.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    As long as there are no rules, just hit that session hard. Look at how many times Arnold did shoots at the gym with no foot wear at all. My gym is retarded. No open toed. Fine. No combat boots or steel toes. WTF? My work boots are not allowed and among my foot gear, are the best at handling load whilst giving great support.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    if i was cock diesel out of my ripped i would of went
    wtf? That's funny, might want to back off the "clubbin" a bit!

I wear board shorts and a t-shirt everyday in the gym, but not sandels, it's too dangerous.

This reminded me of another guy I saw in my gym once. He came in, did a couple warmup sets on a few random machines, then sat down and took off his shoes! He then continued what I could only guess was a misguided attempt at circuit training, but barefoot. That's just nasty, you might as well spit on the floor between sets!

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    That's just nasty, you might as well spit on the floor between sets!

-moto
    I hate that!1111111111
    I went to pick up a 25lb plate I put down during a drop set after I was done in the squat rack and when I picked it up there was some ones spit all over it. I almost dry heaved. I think I know who it was too. Next time I see him, I'm gonna have words with him.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Who cares? Youre in the gym for one purpose and thats to lift...its not a fashion show....just like those idots who wear cologne to the gym..whats that all about?

kboxer is offline Junior Member
    I usually go naked twice a week. Not on bench though cause my ass sticks to the bench.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I like it when people look at you weird, like when youre trying to deadlift more then you probably can and youre just sitting there screaming and grunting, oh good times.

znak is offline Senior Member
    60% of the people in the gym where I work out at are barefoot and about 20% are in sandals.

90% of the people in the gym bench over 330 lbs and I see people doing reps with 400 on the incline fairly regularly.

Very hard core Russian gym. DBs go up to 80 kg (176 lbs) and get used all the time.

I can tell for sure, it ain't what you wear.

Gold's in Florida where I go when I am in the State is actually kind of surreal. Silicon, spandex and machines as far as the eye can see. God bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Who cares? Youre in the gym for one purpose and thats to lift...its not a fashion show....just like those idots who wear cologne to the gym..whats that all about?
    I hate that too. I don't even shower before I go. I mean, I'm going to get sweaty and smell like busted ass within three sets any way. WTF?

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    this has to be one of the most pointless **** threads of all time, nobody gives a s hit about what style of shoes you wear in the gym. ****................

imann is offline Member
    What are you talking about with machines. I hope you're not a nautilus jockey. I squat barefoot....fvck it!

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    i wear sandles...

Thread Information