I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member

Wrapping knees need help

Squating kinda heavy and never wrapped my knees. I want to start but don't know how.

Hit-That is offline New Member
    Start with the top of the wrap just below the knobby part just below the knee cap. Wrap the leg going upwards with each layer covering half of the layer before it. Depending on how long your wraps are, you you may have to end the wrapping with a couple of wraps around the lower quad area and tuck it in. If you end up with too much at the top, but not enough to go back down again, I would cover a little more than half of the previous layer on the way up.

Make sure to cinch down on the wrap every time you go once around the leg. And make sure both legs are done evenly.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit-That
    Start with the top of the wrap just below the knobby part just below the knee cap. Wrap the leg going upwards with each layer covering half of the layer before it. Depending on how long your wraps are, you you may have to end the wrapping with a couple of wraps around the lower quad area and tuck it in. If you end up with too much at the top, but not enough to go back down again, I would cover a little more than half of the previous layer on the way up.

Make sure to cinch down on the wrap every time you go once around the leg. And make sure both legs are done evenly.
    What he said and I'd like to add ..... when you start to wrap, go around twice at the part below your knee then cover half of the layer before it. When you wrap your knees make sure your leg is straightened out when you are doing it. You can go up to 10cm above your knee and when you tuck it in do it on the front of your leg so that when you squat down that will make it look like you are squatting deeper. Don't go back down if you have too much, just tuck it in. If you are doing just one rep wrap it very tightly, and if you are doing higher reps you'll need to wrap them a little looser. Some guys think its easier if you stretch the wrap out when you are rolling them up so that you dont have to stretch it when you are putting them on. You may also want to get someone to help put them on if you are doing 1 rep. When just working out use an old set of wraps since they lose elasticity when you use them for a while, and use the new sets for competition.

morfeuss is offline Junior Member
    i wanted to know, when i wrap my knees and deep squat will that not make a pressure in the goint...hmm how can i explain....hmm

well it will be as if you put something at the back of the knee joint and squat, this will add more pressure, like separating the joints? donnow how to say that in words...hope ou get me..

i always heard that wrapping the knee is better than putting aknee support[1 piece] is t5hat true?

Hit-That is offline New Member
    Powrlftr, totally forgot to add that stuff about straight leg and doubling over on the first part of the wrap.

Do what Powrliftr said too.

When you store the wraps, don't wrap them tight. They will lose their elasticity. Only role them up tight just before you are ready to put them on.

If you compete in the APF, you have to get the TP500 wraps from Ernie Frantz(get the longest ones he sells). You can add about 50lbs to your lift if your back is strong enough.

Thread Information