Aggression is offline Member

Awesome new rep scheme!

Usually I do 5 sets reps of 10,8,6,4,and one last set to failure (around 2 reps)all while increasing the weight each set. But for the last couple of weeks I have been doing 5 sets reps of 6,8,10,12,and one last set to failure (around 15 reps) all while decreasing the weight each set. I have been getting awesome pumps and I feel stronger.

Anyone else ever try this? What were the results? Which rep scheme is better for building size? Strength? Muscular endurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Usually I do 5 sets reps of 10,8,6,4,and one last set to failure (around 2 reps)all while increasing the weight each set. But for the last couple of weeks I have been doing 5 sets reps of 6,8,10,12,and one last set to failure (around 15 reps) all while decreasing the weight each set. I have been getting awesome pumps and I feel stronger.

Anyone else ever try this? What were the results? Which rep scheme is better for building size? Strength? Muscular endurance?

you feel stronger because your using less weight. you also feel stronger, because your starting your routine with less reps(6 instead of 10 now). when you do drop sets/higher repetitions, your incorporated the same muscle fibers every workout. thats fine if your looking to cut or maintain. the only way to gain however, is to train heavy.when you train heavy, your body is forced to spark new muscle fiber.unfortunatly, 95% of the bodybuilding community doesnt understand this, and they will suffer. theres no way around it bro. if your having trouble with your current routine, try switching it up. but i would never use drop sets, no matter what the circumstances even when im cutting.

Aggression is offline Member
    Why are you so against drop sets?

There are three rep schemes I use:

1) 5 sets, 1st set 6 reps, 2nd set 8 reps, 3rd set 10 reps, 4th set 12 reps, 5th set as many reps as you can get all while DECERASING the weight each set. (This routine I'm currently doing)

2) 5 sets, 1st set 10 reps, 2nd set 8 reps, 3rd set 6 reps, 4th set 4 reps, 5th set as many reps as you can get all while INCREASING the weight each set.

3) 1 set of 25-30 reps for each exercise. Once you get to 30 or more reps, next time you do that exercise INCREASE weight. If you can't do atleast 25 reps, next time you do that exercise DECREASE weight.

Does anyone else use drop sets like my 1) and have had good results?
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-29-2004 at 04:31 AM.

Thread Information